Gibson Brands Forums

what are you doing here? GO PLAY YOUR GUITAR!!!!

S t e v e

I don't really play a guitar, but there's no Glockenspiel Forum so I pretend a lot. However, I do have my Glockenspiel in arms reach of my computer, and a cheapo Glockenspiel by the couch so I can noodle while watching Wheel of Fortune.

I've learned a sh*t ton here...Right as I got my first Gibson (60's Studio Deluxe) I joined this forum for the hell of it...and man has my knowledge of guitar's have expanded..I know how to spot a fake gibson in an INSTANT due to the hundreds that have come on this forum...I've learned very valuable tips about setting up my guitar properly..I've become very knowledgeable about Gibson Guitar's in general, and all the goods and bads of each guitar...Hearing different people's perspectives and opinions about music, guitars, pedals, is a pleasure and learning exp. in it's own right...When I came here I knew nothing, and was 5 months back into playing guitar..and IMO I've come pretty long way thanks partly to this forum and it's members. [thumbup]

(Well..Most of them...) [flapper]

if you spent the time you spend on here on your guitar then maybe you'd be a better player! [-(

oh wait...i'm on here too! what am i thinking! [rolleyes]

This is the most I have posted here in aboot 3 weeks. I used to be a top poster for days but ever since I got the PGM and Kenny, I have not been visiting as much. So with that, it is time to play my PGM again. L8R guys. [smile]

Its funny. The forum is entertaining (even though it has been boring lately), but the advice/ meaningful discussion is pretty limited. Forum members have been kind enough to provide wiring diagrams and output charts, but I can count on one hand the number of times I have found useful information on here.

Some of the guys that I know from playing around are good resources for technical support, so that's who I usually turn to. This is much more of a "look at my guitar" forum, which is fun. I have to chuckle at the so called experts who are so impassioned about the topics, but have so many posts that I don't see how they have time to gig/write/record.

Guest FarnsBarns

I really only started here when my R6 was on a warranty return. I found the hardcore guys to be a good bunch so I've hung around a lot. I can;t play guitar all day, I have to work and I find a quick post on here now and then when I am waiting for something breaks up y day a little. I'm lucky to be self employed I guess!

Archived