Gibson Brands Forums

i'm outta here!

S t e v e

off out for the day/night, gonna meet me brother and go cafe for a major english fry up, then go bookies and have a flutter on the grand national, then to a few pubs untill tonight then off to the "children of bodom" gig...and the sun is shining! ;)

With apologies to Steve, allow me.......

off out for the day/night, gonna meet me brother and go cafe for a major english fry up,

I shall be departing soon, and will be out of the house for the whole day. During this time, I plan to meet my brother and visit a local cafe for a "full-English" breakfast. This will (probably) include fried bacon, fried egg(s), fried sausages, fried bread (or maybe toast), fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms and baked beans. Optional extras may include a hash-brown or two and/or black pudding. Hopefully you'll now understand the phrase "fry-up". This will all be washed down with a large mug of hot, strong tea (or maybe coffee, depending on personal taste).

then go bookies and have a flutter on the grand national

The Grand National is a very popular and incredibly demanding horse race - arguably the most popular race in the UK. Traditionally, one would place a bet ("have a flutter") on one's favourite horse. This bet will be placed in the premises of a local turf accountant, also known as a bookmaker (hence, "bookies").

then to a few pubs untill tonight then off to the "children of bodom" gig

I would guess, the number of pubs visited will depend on the outcome of the visit to the bookies [thumbup] or [thumbdn]

...and the sun is shining! ;)

It's been a gorgeous day... even better, depending, once again, on the outcome of the visit to the bookies...

Hope you got a result, Steve, and everything else was as good as you hoped for.

I shall be departing soon, and will be out of the house for the whole day. During this time, I plan to meet my brother and visit a local cafe for a "full-English" breakfast. This will (probably) include fried bacon, fried egg(s), fried sausages, fried bread (or maybe toast), fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms and baked beans. Optional extras may include a hash-brown or two and/or black pudding. Hopefully you'll now understand the phrase "fry-up". This will all be washed down with a large mug of hot, strong tea (or maybe coffee, depending on personal taste).

The Grand National is a very popular and incredibly demanding horse race - arguably the most popular race in the UK. Traditionally, one would place a bet ("have a flutter") on one's favourite horse. This bet will be placed in the premises of a local turf accountant, also known as a bookmaker (hence, "bookies").

I would guess, the number of pubs visited will depend on the outcome of the visit to the bookies [thumbup] or [thumbdn]

It's been a gorgeous day... even better, depending, once again, on the outcome of the visit to the bookies...

A very good interpretation of the original work. =D>

Now I understand. [thumbup][lol][lol]=D>=D>

Guest FarnsBarns

That's one heavy breakfast! No yogurt or Granola?

Also known as an all day breakfast because they are more commonly eaten around lunch time on a day where that might be all one eats.

Archived