Gibson Brands Forums

Little girl kicks your a$#

Searcy

Some of these kids are just awesome, these days.

The pad on the lower bout, looks to be a Kaoss pad,

like Matt Bellamy of "Muse," uses.

I like her "Metal" guitar, too. Once again proving

it's the player, (and amps/effects) not the guitar,

in any genre!

CB

Kid has serious talent that's for sure, it's great to see that kind of interest in classic rock still kicking @ss!

I wouldn't want to follow her on a battle of the bands or talent show. At least not at my current skill level anyway.

Cool vids, though I will say I prefer the classic approach to the Voodoo Child intro, I guess I'm just old and stodgy, which apparently is a word.

This young lady certainly has 'it'

There is another young lady called Chelsea Constanle, who in my opinion is probably one of the best hard rock guitarists alive today...that is including famous male and female guitarists!

Girl power!!!!

First.... we need to define "little girl". This young woman does not seem to fit my definition.

For the record, I could take her, but she DOES play better than I do atm.

/chuckle

I always thought Jake E Lee was so underrated! So much better than Randy Rhoads.

.... and that's when the fight started.....

/chuckle

I think Jake E Lee is underrated as well, but not so much as to say he is better than Randy.

/chuckle

I think Jake E Lee is underrated as well, but not so much as to say he is better than Randy.

+10 on that

LMAO msp_biggrin.gif

Jake was every bit the musician Randy was - and even as a huge Randy fan, I can appreciate how great Jake was - and is. (I actually think that Jake was much more of a virtuoso than Randy)

Randy's priority was focussed always on what was best for the song and if there was a fast passage, it was never gratuitous, i.e fast for the sake of fast, but because nothing else would work so well musically. When people talk of Randy in a classical sense they always mention all the usual stuff, like his Baroque influence etc, but to me the word classical describes how his solos are timeless and they are so well crafted. A huge loss to the world...still mellow.gif

Matt

i saw a girl band a few months ago, misstallica... both guitarists rocked my socks off, when i see a vid like the op posted it dosen't surprise me...girls can play just as good as us boys FACT. B)

me and misstallica [biggrin]

mail.jpg

Archived