Gibson Brands Forums

Ever wake up angry?

davidl

I was dreaming that I arrived home from work late and there was about 200 drunk and stoned kids/young adults all around my property and in my house and studio. In the dream, my daughter had a party that got way out of hand. People were using my guitars to bash around golf balls, my friends Taylor acoustic was being ridden like a horse, debris was everywhere. One A-hole even jumped off my roof and fell through the cover of my hot tub. I became quite violent.

In real life I am not violent.

I awoke at 6:00 am this morning and didn't move for about 15 minutes while I tried to settle myself down. My wife found it pretty funny. It took me at least an hour to shake it off.

This ever happen to anyone else? Happens to me every once in a while.

Dave

i suffer from sleep paralysis and so does my mother, the doc says it runs in the family...

it scares the **** out of my wife who has to calmly try and "wake" me, i lay there shouting for her to wake me up and it can be very scary for both of us.

so yes, sometimes i do wake up angry.

sleep paralysis

Don't ever think I've woken up angry. But I've woken up many times frightened.

I've always been plauged by nightmares. I've had them since the age of 5. And they can be terribly real. So I know how you felt. It takes time to realize it wasn't real. But when you do, it sure is a relief. :(

I NEVER wake up angry..... I let her sleep 'til I've left for work.

Ha!

Sometimes Mrs R reports that she had a dream in which I have somehow done her wrong, and sulks all day.

Makes me laugh out loud, which makes her even more PO'd which makes me laugh even more.

Ha!

Sometimes Mrs R reports that she had a dream in which I have somehow done her wrong, and sulks all day.

Makes me laugh out loud, which makes her even more PO'd which makes me laugh even more.

Mrs. D does the same thing..... She tells me I cheated on her in her dream and makes me apologize and promise to not do it again!

(I wonder if that'd work IRL?)

i suffer from sleep paralysis and so does my mother, the doc says it runs in the family...

it scares the **** out of my wife who has to calmly try and "wake" me, i lay there shouting for her to wake me up and it can be very scary for both of us.

so yes, sometimes i do wake up angry.

sleep paralysis

I get that every now and then. I've never discussed it with anyone. I'd assume people would think I was crackers. The jury's out on that one anyway.

I get that every now and then. I've never discussed it with anyone. I'd assume people would think I was crackers. The jury's out on that one anyway.

we ain't crackers mate, did you read the link i posted?

Yeh, I did, and it describes it to a tee. For me, it's always someone entering my room and walking over towards my bed. It feels real. I can remember every time it's happened as clear as a bell.

This is very cathartic.

I read it too Steve. I can certainly understand a feeling of panic.

I wonder if it is related to night terrors. My nephew suffered from that in his younger years. Nasty stuff. It scared us as adults. I can only imagine it scared the living bejezzus out of him.

Good luck to you guys dealing with this affliction. Really.

Dave

I have....but it is much worse to wake startled...My dad was a drill instructor in the Navy and knew how to wake you up shaking...I can still hear him yelling- "drain your _ocks and grab your socks!!!!!!! Hit the deck!!!!"

Archived