Gibson Brands Forums

What shows are on your bucket list

Searcy

So it's like that. What band or artists do you have to see before it's too late? I'll be seeing Frampton and Nugent this summer. That crosses two more off my list. I still need Iron Maiden and Judas Priest!

Great thread. I have actually never thought about it that way.

It ALWAYS changes, and what usually happens is when someone comes to town, I realize they are on the bucket list.

The irony is that, for many on my list, I have to die to be able to see them.

I think that for many of those touring now, like Frampton, the fact we took them for granted at one time is what makes them so popular to see now. I took Maiden for granted, went to the show but didn't actually "see" them. And, of course, KK is not doing Priest anymore.

Now, if Zep would realize how much they mean to people and somehow find a way to put it together, THAT would be possibly the biggest tour ever.

For me, lately my bucket list is more like a custom SEARCY pickup.

Wow i think i've seen everyone i need to see. Others i would have liked to witness have passed away.

Got tickets for the foo fighters in sept so that should be fun.

Really any of the old blues greats would be a blast to see. BB King was in town this summer but I was away so missed him.

ELVIS.............I saw him at Wal Mart the other day.......I told him I was leaving the building....[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ....

No way! My local Wally World has an Elvis too. The guy that stands at the door when you exit.....

ELVIS.............I saw him at Wal Mart the other day.......I told him I was leaving the building....[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ....

You totally amaze me. [thumbup] That was sooooo good! [thumbup]

Thanks! I needed that!

I actually caught up with many of the bands on my list in the last couple of years. Still haven't seen Kiss though. The remaining ones are mostly reunions and such that are unlikely to happen, and even if they did probably wouldn't be as awesome anyway. Like the original Fleetwood Mac, unlikely to happen to say the least. I missed the Return To Forever reunion tour. I would have gone to the UK or down the continent to see that, but things like that don't get a lot of media attention so I didn't know it had happened until after the tour was long over.

I really want to see Graveyard. Even though they seem to be playing everywhere there is to play at at the moment I haven't been able to see them for various reasons. Should be good!

Wow i think i've seen everyone i need to see. Others i would have liked to witness have passed away.

Pretty much the same here. If someone I like is coming I may/may not get tix, but I think I've crossed most of my "must see's" off the list, at least among those who are still vertical and performing [biggrin]

I know this'll make me sound like a grouchy old man, but I don't go to concerts or other major events unless I'm paid to.

Don't get me wrong. I've met some of the older "pickers" and when Nugent comes to this area in a cupla weeks I'd love to have coffee with him again.

And I'd very much like to sit down to bs a bit with Clapton, especially since we're of the same age and I'd like to see just how similar our musical inputs were up to perhaps age 18 or so. I wouldn't have felt that way had he not done the unplugged thing, btw, complete to at least one piece I started doing in the early 1960s.

But crowd hassles, etc... Naaah. There's always the radio and Youtube.

It's not my age, btw. I've been pretty much that way since I was a teen.

m

Sir Paul McCartney would be my all time.

Got to see Sir Paul last night at Wrigley Field. After all these years, my first live Beatle. Great show. Nearly three hours long and he still brings it. Great band, too. Pretty much everything you'd hope to hear, including a roaring Helter Skelter! What more could you ask?

I'm like milo, do not want to "experience" the concert thing anymore. There is a stiry in the local paper - that's newspaper for the young - about the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing an unannounced show at a bar in the foothills. That kind of thing would be cool. Imagine sitting in you local bar hitting on a babe and the Rolling Stones show up to play.

Zeppelin, which probably wont happen. [crying]

but AC/DC, which I unfortunately missed a couple years ago,

will hopefully be coming back on their 40th anniversary tour [laugh]

jeff beck, whos coming to vancouver in october [woot]

and I will have to think about the others because I am too

distracted by the fact that there is sun in vancouver [flapper]

No real Bucket List here - to paraphrase a famous quote - a bunch of guys are going to have to stop being dead before there is anything I'd really have to see. I am kind of looking for the Buffalo Springfield reunion thing to get bigger though-that one might be fun to see.

Got to see Sir Paul last night at Wrigley Field. After all these years, my first live Beatle. Great show. Nearly three hours long and he still brings it. Great band, too. Pretty much everything you'd hope to hear, including a roaring Helter Skelter! What more could you ask?

Yeah I've had the pleasure of seeing Paul 5 times now and everyone was better than the previous.msp_thumbup.gif

Just makes it all seem so easy.

Most of the bands that I would say I absolutely have to see eventually are pretty much scratched off the list, although...

Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Buddy Guy,Clapton, AC/DC, Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy... that's about all that I can say I MUST see.

I missed AC/DC a few years ago because they came to Moncton, NB, Canada just a week after Kiss played Halifax. I couldn't afford both and chose Kiss because a few weeks before the AC/DC concert was announced I was given the option of going to see Kiss which was confirmed or holding out to see if the rumor going for the past 20 years that AC/DC was coming would come true that year. I went with the safe bet and while I don't regret it because it removed another band from my bucket list, it would have cost less to hold out and stay in my home town.

I've also seen Alice Cooper in 2009; Ozzy in 2008; BB King in 2003; Kansas, ZZ Top, Collective Soul, Styx, and April Wine in 1999; Steppenwolf, Peter Frampton, Journey, Heart and Pat Benatar in 1997; The Misfits in 1999; and Metallica in 1994.

Saw the Cramps twice in New Orleans, same with Slayer, saw Link Wray & shook his hand, hung out with Bo Diddley and played his square Gretsch, same with Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown (but no square Gretsch), saw Motorhead before they turned into old farts, same for AC/DC & Los Lobos, I dunno I'm pretty happy. Maybe El Tri... but they're old farts now. OFF! definitely OFF! Keith Morris somehow still has the venom of youth, as they say.

Archived