Gibson Brands Forums

is this innapropiate to ask?

chris.

just curious what actually went down with the whole fred leavin thing?

I'll PM you tomorrow Cris....I'm busy working om law stuff.......

I'm sure Fred, Gibson, and the Moderators would prefer this be kept quiet and peaceful......

Once again Cris, welcome to the forum....................Damian.......

Well from my perspective and what I have seen and understand BoyVader was going past the line in yanking Fred's chain. Fred is young and seems to have been in a bit of "Brooding" mood lately. Apparently BV thought it would be funny to keep antagonizing him and it got him all pissed off. I guess BV has done some other stuff that was making other people angry as well. Fred needs to chill a bit too. Just a little forum drama. It seems to happen from time to time.

Andy

Maybe it's my age but I don't see how anything that anybody says on a "virtual" forum like this should be bothersome. Using a forum name like grampa gets me a lot of comments about meds and senility and other such old-age remarks. It's not hard to ignore them. I suggest that instead of getting one's shorts in a bunch, one just ignores the noise. It's easy, really.

Maybe it's my age but I don't see how anything that anybody says on a "virtual" forum like this should be bothersome. Using a forum name like grampa gets me a lot of comments about meds and senility and other such old-age remarks. It's not hard to ignore them. I suggest that instead of getting one's shorts in a bunch, one just ignores the noise. It's easy, really.

A comment or A joke in a teasing/friendly way is one thing. This was way beyond what you're talking about. The harassment of Nate by BV kept escalating until this last bit of using Nate's forum name and avatar to make horrendously defamatory posts. Very sorry to see Nate go through that.

I believe this is the most drama infested the forum has ever been....what happened to talking about all the gear that's out there!? Or musical, or even electronic tips/topics ? I've always joined forums to learn from other people, and maybe have some fun, but lets drop this drama maybe...So we can go back to having a fun, professional forum? ?[confused]

A comment or A joke in a teasing/friendly way is one thing. This was way beyond what you're talking about. The harassment of Nate by BV kept escalating until this last bit of using Nate's forum name and avatar to make horrendously defamatory posts. Very sorry to see Nate go through that.

Just ignore it. Don't even respond. Then it just becomes background noise.

I believe this is the most drama infested the forum has ever been....what happened to talking about all the gear that's out there!? Or musical, or even electronic tips/topics ? I've always joined forums to learn from other people, and maybe have some fun, but lets drop this drama maybe...So we can go back to having a fun, professional forum? ?[confused]

Actually, the title of this forum is "The Gibson Lounge - General discussion area". The subforums are more what you're looking for, like Gibson USA - Les Paul, SG, etc., Gibson Gear Pickups, strings, and accessories. B)

I disagree, ever been on a car forum? I left one I liked because a bunch of jagoffs decided they didn't like what I posted, they looked up my facebook and any other accounts I had online, took those pictures and such and posted them in the thread to make fun of.

Car forums are typically more dramatic because a lot of those guys equate their manhood or self worth entirely in their modded cars. They spend thousands of dollars on these cars, the typically look and sound like a$$ and look no better, but anyone who doesn't like it is any number of obscenities.

I disagree, ever been on a car forum? I left one I liked because a bunch of jagoffs decided they didn't like what I posted, they looked up my facebook and any other accounts I had online, took those pictures and such and posted them in the thread to make fun of.

Car forums are typically more dramatic because a lot of those guys equate their manhood or self worth entirely in their modded cars. They spend thousands of dollars on these cars, the typically look and sound like a$$ and look no better, but anyone who doesn't like it is any number of obscenities.

First off I'm seeing my old age naivete. Things about messing with facebook and other "social media" aren't something in my world but I do realize they are in most people's. That really complicates the issue.

Secondly, men and their guitars are much the same as men and their cars. Not quite as big but the same kind of over sensitivty to negative comments about their machine.

First off I'm seeing my old age naivete. Things about messing with facebook and other "social media" aren't something in my world but I do realize they are in most people's. That really complicates the issue.

Secondly, men and their guitars are much the same as men and their cars. Not quite as big but the same kind of over sensitivty to negative comments about their machine.

I agree with you, I just find that perhaps there's more ego and less testosterone here than the typical car forum lurker. (this is just generalizing mind you there are good people on almost every forum.)

I agree with you, I just find that perhaps there's more ego and less testosterone here than the typical car forum lurker. (this is just generalizing mind you there are good people on almost every forum.)

Less testosterone for sure but as you see, some pretty fragile egos.

Apparently Boy Vader created an account called fuzzy.fred with the period so he could pretend to be Fred and start crap. The real FuzzyFred feels BoyVader has been stalking him and so far the GF hasn't been able or won't stop by blocking BV IP address so Fuzzy Fred thinks they are allowing it to continue and he's sick of it, got angry and did a exit post.

Apparently Boy Vader created an account called fuzzy.fred with the period so he could pretend to be Fred and start crap. Fuzzyfred feels BoyVader has been stalking him and the GF hasn't been able or won't stop it in Fred's mind so Fred got angry and did a exit post.

Ditto..........Thread over........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...

Boy, this new electronic media sure is a double-edged sword. Our civility is tested big time. Being anonymous seems to give us license that some will abuse. As it is the web is largely self-policed in the social media and if that self-policing fails the web runs the risk of "outside" control and censorship.

Archived