Gibson Brands Forums

New low priced fenders.

dem00n

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the 3 PU Tele, the P-90 Jag, the 2 PU P-Bass....Of course these are MIM guitars...One must remember that some short cuts will have taken place....

Before buying, one might (if one cares) to verify what wood is used, is it ply, etc etc......Interestingly, IMHO, the prices reflect what it actually costs

to make a guitar in modern facilities.........

I like the 3 PU Tele, the P-90 Jag, the 2 PU P-Bass....Of course these are MIM guitars...One must remember that some short cuts will have taken place....

Before buying, one might (if one cares) to verify what wood is used, is it ply, etc etc......Interestingly, IMHO, the prices reflect what it actually costs

to make a guitar in modern facilities.........

I found specs!

Real wood!

http://www.gear4music.com/news/article/Fender-Modern-Player-series-announced/4MH/2011-10-01

The Jag with the p-90's has a mahogany body and maple neck? Do want!

The Jazz bass appeals to me since I've always felt the classic Jazz pickups were to thin sounding. I've always felt the Musicman Stingray basses were the best sounding basses and this looks similar in design. I've also always liked the Rickenbacker basses too.

I do believe that Fender may have a lawsuit on their hands once Gibson see's they have a guitar called the Marauder. It may have been a long time since they produced that model, but there are still lots of us who remember the Gibson guitar of the same name. If Fender had to change the name of the Broadcaster to the Telecaster because Gretsch had a drum set of the same name already, then I can definately see Gibson fighting for this name...especially if there was any thought given to a reissue model.

That jaguar bass is sex.

This. That's a sexy bass. The two out of that stable that really appeal to me are defnitely the Jag (P90's? Yes please!) and the Marauder (koto body and pretty neat pup selection, love the looks as well).

A 'Marauder'?

Didn't another company use that name??

Yeah, guess we'll see if Gibson takes the bait on that one.

So Gibsons are 2 cyl. motors and Fender is a V-8! got it...

:unsure: [crying][blink][lol] ......

{My thoughts on Gibson and Fender. Gibson is like Harley Davidson and Fender is like Ford. Every one should have both} by dallastx

Which is why I own many of both.......Another MIA Strat on it's way....[thumbup] ...

I like the Jaguar in both the 6 with p90 and the bass - there are probably made in Mexico but thats fine, I usually support onLy US built guitars but California doesn't really doesn't count as part of the USA anymore, it's pretty much just become a failed social experiment supported by tax payers money in my mind so I would prefer a mexican build over a California build anytime.

I don't know why anyone would buy a U.S. built Fender anymore. To me they have destroied their U.S. brand. I think I like the P-90 jag but the rest of this batch dosn't do much for me. I like the Pawn Shop collection better I think.

I think the US made Fender's are better than than ever. Certainly at the very least, better than when CBS owned the company.

What I find funny though is how people have this belief that EVERY instrument of the same model is going to be identical since they are all CNC machined bodies and necks. The factor they always forget about is that no 2 trees are identical and therefore even 2 high end guitars built on CNC equipment will sound at least slightly different.

I went through six supposedly identical guitars before I settled on my American Deluxe strat last weekend.

I've owned a lot of Fenders over the years. A 72 Tele Custom (real, not a reissue) a early MIM Strat, an American 62 reissue P-Bass, a 1991 American Standard Tele, a Squire Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V, a 1966 Fender Mustang and a Sguire Bullet strat. I've played a lot of the new Squires and I just can't see spending $1000 for a Tele when I can get a MIM one for $399 or a Squire for $199. It's not likely that I will ever pay for another American Fender. I just don't see the point.

Some say the same thing about Gibson and Epiphone though. To each their own. [thumbup]

Archived