Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

An original. Walkin the walk.

Our drummer wrote the song. She is a wonderful songwriter, Kim

I did the solos, rhythm and harmonics and we did it in a studio in Santa Barbara. Wonderful place.

I think the song sounds Knopfleresque a tiny bit?

http://soundcloud.com/zebramanster/03-find-my-way-10-17-12

As for Knopfleresque it is not scary.

But I agree with Ray that it is necessary to correct a little, I think, guitar (chords etc). It is a tiny bit, true.

Because singing and the song are all well. I.e. if the guitars will done more precisely to the voice the song can be more successful.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recorded this one a few weeks ago and let it sit so I could hear it for what it is and not be clouded after recording it.

Let me know if you like it and if it sounds okay or better than my older ones. I'm still learning to use compression and EQ...

Here's an old one if yoyu wanna compare.

Despite the strange guitar you have an unusual interesting style :) .

As for Knopfleresque it is not scary.

But I agree with Ray that it is necessary to correct a little, I think, guitar (chords etc). It is a tiny bit, true.

Because singing and the song are all well. I.e. if the guitars will done more precisely to the voice the song can be more successful.

Thanks Valeriy, constructive critique is always welcome. I was a bit sloppy, I agree but it was a great experience to record. I have to quit the band because work interferes too much. Next thing I post will be my original and home recording - probably still sloppy though [biggrin]

Here's a little tune i've been working on while playing for my 3 month old daughter...its starting to come together but needs some work...here's me getting the feel for it

http://soundcloud.com/shred-astaire/untitled-tune

Unfortunately, i'm aware of the fret buzz on the high E string... :(

Haha, you messed up a little, I love that. Sounds like you could lay a really cool lead guitar on it. Bright and happy. Made me smile.

Finally got around to uploading something. Hopefully the link works:

This song, the way you played it, made me think, "movie soundtrack song." I'm talking a scene and something could be happening. It is so well executed that you don't notice any effort...I hope that makes sence and doesn't sound bad. It is a good thing.

@ TMan

Thanks for the compliment *blush

@ Valery

Yeah, it is an unusual guitar bit. It feels like two songs got shuffled together and milod had a hard time with the timing because he can't tap his feet to it. Maybe that's the rub.

I recorded this one this evening. Less unusual, I think.

Haha, you messed up a little, I love that. Sounds like you could lay a really cool lead guitar on it. Bright and happy. Made me smile.

I did mess up!! Thanks for pointing it out!! I was staring at my daughter and just lost the next chord... I'm going to try to work on it over the weekend and record it properly and not on my phone. Thanks for listening!

Soundcloud is blocked at work but i will listen to your latest tonight!

...I recorded this one this evening. Less unusual, I think.

Please excuse me if it's been mentioned before (I admit to not having listened to everything posted here) but that track reminds me (in a +ve way) of the good bits by Tori Amos.

Hope that's not an insult, Izzy, BTW....

I liked it. When time permits I'll have to check out much more stuff here!

P.

Thanks Valeriy, constructive critique is always welcome. I was a bit sloppy, I agree but it was a great experience to record. I have to quit the band because work interferes too much. Next thing I post will be my original and home recording - probably still sloppy though [biggrin]

Yes, it can be, as regards work interferes. Although your thing is not a cover and it turned out good all in all, the singer sang well too. Therefore some remarks were to complete it to the logic end. And, Tman, you are a good guitarist.

@ Valery

Yeah, it is an unusual guitar bit. It feels like two songs got shuffled together and milod had a hard time with the timing because he can't tap his feet to it. Maybe that's the rub.

I recorded this one this evening. Less unusual, I think.

And that, it is well perceived. If this is done in a band this may be also good finally. Good luck, Izzy.

Love checking out the stuff posted in this thread! Texas, Shread... Cool sound's guy's! We do listen to em, keep them coming so we can be entertained more! Izzy, I hear the old string's? Or did you put fresh one's on?

I busted out my Martin which is less played.

I am a master procastinator [mellow]

So who here has never posted a clip of their playing??.. [-(

Iv'e done a couple in the past.... Some members here have never posted their efforts....

Lets see em! :-"

The band name is Sergeant & The Station

the pics are different dates in 2011 at Squirrel Tooth Alice's in Guelph, ON

We cover classic rock and apparently we're TOO LOUD! The bylaw officer warned us to turn it down on our last gig!

post-47044-083765600 1352491911_thumb.jpg

post-47044-052022100 1352493769_thumb.jpg

post-47044-091956600 1352493967_thumb.jpg

Jojo! Your singer sounds a bit like the guy from Spiritual Beggars...are you familiar with them?

Cool riffs man...I dig your stuff!!!

I am ! Our singer isn't tho. He's new to this genre, which I love.Thanks man !!!

Jojo, ya'll sound so pro *swoon

That's a phat track. Growl on guitar, very cool.

Thanks Izzy ! We LOVE to play really loud ! So fun !!! [love]

I agree with Izzy the guitar sound is hugely growl, the intro is a bit long and the drums need some work but a good metal song JoJo

Thanks !!

Check out my YouTube channel!!

"crazytrain513"

Not my best/most recent but more to come soon.

Feel free to rate, comment, and subscribe [biggrin]

I get no channel when I search Youtube for it, you can copy and paste the address of one of your up-loads in the "Insert Media" window directly in a reply on this board, its the button with the 3 colored square's.

Archived