Gibson Brands Forums

New amp and guitar day!

Barcham

I actually feel a little guilty about this one. Last week a really kind member here got in touch with me to offer me a great deal on an early MiK G-400, a model I've always been interested in, but as much as I liked the guitar, I just couldn't justify fitting it into my budget right now. But about a week later, I came across this guitar and budget or not, I couldn't let it pass me by. So here she is...along with my new 'monster' amp!

All I can say about this guitar is WOW! The feel of the neck is amazing. It's fatter than the one on my Vintage G-400 but still so comfortable and fast. The overall finish of the guitar is simply amazing. I know it's not nitro, but the finish is so thin that I can feel the grain of the wood through it. The pups match the finish. Before I picked her up I was thinking about pulling the Seymour Duncans from my vintage to put in this one but as soon as I plugged her in, I knew that was not going to happen. The seller had just strung a new set of D'Addario EXL115s on her so I won't be pulling the pups to see exactly what they are until the next string change, but I'm assuming they're stock. All I know is that they sound fantastic either clean or dirty. There's no way to describe it other than this guitar just feels 'right'.

As ffor the Micro Cube, well this thing is just a blast. I never imagined that a tiny battery powered amp could sound so good. I can crank the little sucker up and still not bother the neighbors. Lots of fun.

dscf1531g.jpg

dscf1524l.jpg

dscf1526y.jpgdscf1528c.jpgdscf1536w.jpg

I edited my sig so that's a start. [tongue]

I'll post a proper review once I give her a good workout. Haven't plugged her in to the Vypyr yet, only the Micro Cube. I'll tell you though, I almost picked up a Gibby SG Special with the P90s a couple of months ago and now I'm really glad I didn't. My Vintage is on loan to a friend so I can't do a real comparison between the two right now, but as much as I love my G-400, this guitar is just on totally different level.

Yeah, he's a good buddy. He is the guy I found a Vintage for and he wanted to do some comparisons between his with the stock pups and mine with the SDs. He was going to briing it back yesterday and I told him he could hang on to her for another week if he wanted but said he could drop by anyways if he felt like it. He did and he flipped out when he saw the new member of the family. [biggrin]

I won't let anyone borrow the Elitist though!

Very nice G400. Congratulations! [thumbup]

or Fugigen-made Epiphone Elitist SG.

Many congrats Barcham. I'm very jealous. I'm also GASing for a little microcube.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

Alan

or Fugigen-made Epiphone Elitist SG.

Many congrats Barcham. I'm very jealous. I'm also GASing for a little microcube.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

Alan

It was really strange. I came across another Elitist SG on ebay first and the asking price was $725 US but as the seller is a commercial dealer, and located in Quebec the province I live in, I would have had to pay both provincial and federal taxes on it which would have brought the price up to around $900 CAN. I really had GAS for it though and tried to deal for a tax free buy but with no luck. Two days later on a local classified site, kijiji, I came across another one for sale but with a Line 6 Live XT Pod and another effects pedal for $875. I contacted the seller to see if he was interested in selling the guitar on it's own and to my great fortune he said 'sure'. He asked for $600 and I offered $500 and we, you guessed it, met in the middle at $550. Needless to say, I was overjoyed when I picked it up and found that it's in like new condition.

I picked up the Micro Cube a couple of months ago and never got around to making a post for it. Didn't want anyone to laugh at me actually. [tongue] Also in like new condition, including the power adapter, it cost me the huge sum of $50. And it turns out that it's one of the best buys I've ever made. This little box really rocks. I've fooled a few friends by hiding it near my Vypyr and they cracked up when they noticed the Vypyr was powered off and saw the size of the little guy putting out the big sound.

Here's the ad for the other Elitist SG if anyone is interested. You may have some luck getting him to drop his price if it doesn't sell soon. It must be the sister of my guitar because the serial number is only 3 away from mine!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320797173340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I actually feel a little guilty about this one. Last week a really kind member here got in touch with me to offer me a great deal on an early MiK G-400, a model I've always been interested in, but as much as I liked the guitar, I just couldn't justify fitting it into my budget right now. But about a week later, I came across this guitar and budget or not, I couldn't let it pass me by. So here she is...along with my new 'monster' amp!

All I can say about this guitar is WOW! The feel of the neck is amazing. It's fatter than the one on my Vintage G-400 but still so comfortable and fast. The overall finish of the guitar is simply amazing. I know it's not nitro, but the finish is so thin that I can feel the grain of the wood through it. The pups match the finish. Before I picked her up I was thinking about pulling the Seymour Duncans from my vintage to put in this one but as soon as I plugged her in, I knew that was not going to happen. The seller had just strung a new set of D'Addario EXL115s on her so I won't be pulling the pups to see exactly what they are until the next string change, but I'm assuming they're stock. All I know is that they sound fantastic either clean or dirty. There's no way to describe it other than this guitar just feels 'right'.

As ffor the Micro Cube, well this thing is just a blast. I never imagined that a tiny battery powered amp could sound so good. I can crank the little sucker up and still not bother the neighbors. Lots of fun.

dscf1531g.jpg

dscf1524l.jpg

dscf1526y.jpgdscf1528c.jpgdscf1536w.jpg

Well done! HNGD, gonna look awsome with that Elitist strapped on.

Love those Cubes too. Got the 30w myself; very versatile little amp.

Congrats on a great deal. [thumbup][thumbup]

Paul

Archived