Gibson Brands Forums

Every Broken Heart

Buc McMaster

Here's a silly little rock n' roll song I wrote for the band to kick out the jams with. It was a great "get 'em on the dance floor!" tune. I used to sing it in the key of A but, as time goes by, I find that to be too steep a hill to climb, so this is in E. Got the tune finished just in time for the phone......... Let's rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK6MLQiu_x8&context=C3152385ADOEgsToPDskJuVz5aQjoR6L15dNZRNp-a

total agreement with everyone , great stuff buc .

i think everyone should make a video , is good to see what folk look like , a face to the threads

cheers buc , appreciate your efforts and spotsmanship :-)

keep em comin

the alternative this morning was reading weights of guitars !! so more videos and songs please !!

:-P

Indeed that's what they make guitars for! Playing the 45 is a hoot! And yes, the phone ringing next to the mic at the very end was splendid timing - LOL! That won't happen again in a hundred years! Just before the band disbanded we were recording some and this one was partially finished. Mr Grady Gaines (Little Richard's sax player) is a quasi-friend I see once in a blue moon and he did a blazing sax track on this one......I think I've got a rough mix somewhere on disc. We never did really finish it though. Thanks for the love, people! While on occasion I'll get submerged in things like guitar weights, most of the time I'm all about playing the damn thing as best I can and trying to crank out a new tune now and then. It is great relief from the wear and tear of the work-a-day world we live in! Let's rock!

May I request you take into consideration doing "Goodbye" by Steve Earle ?

Woo boy. I'll take a look at the tune this evening.....no promises! As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a guitarist and I find it difficult to do much with other folks stuff unless it's stupid simple. That, in fact, was the impetus for beginning to write for myself: I couldn't play what others had done.....true story. So okay, I'll give a listen and see......... Thanks for the confidence!

Woo boy. I'll take a look at the tune this evening.....no promises! As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a guitarist and I find it difficult to do much with other folks stuff unless it's stupid simple. That, in fact, was the impetus for beginning to write for myself: I couldn't play what others had done.....true story. So okay, I'll give a listen and see......... Thanks for the confidence!

one of my favourites that one , we could open a thread see how many versions of the same song turn up ? :-)

Archived