Gibson Brands Forums

Where's GG ?

Murph

Oh Kermie, I could use a good joke! Yes, tis true, my beloved horse Sable passed away on December 1. I don't think I've picked the guitar up since then either. I've been a real sad sack. [sad]

I need to get my act together here. Rest assured I have kept the guitars humidified throughout my hiatus.

Oh Kermie, I could use a good joke! Yes, tis true, my beloved horse Sable passed away on December 1. I don't think I've picked the guitar up since then either. I've been a real sad sack. [sad]

I need to get my act together here. Rest assured I have kept the guitars humidified throughout my hiatus.

[biggrin]

Hi, you...

Welcome back, Karen. There's nothing like playing the guitar a bit to put the earth back to spinning on its proper axis. We all missed you.

Hi Nick, thank you for the welcome [smile]

I do miss playing, and I'm mad that I have lost so much that I've learned. I hope it comes back quickly.

Good to see you again!

Hey Karen! Sorry about the loss of your 'buddy'. Hope you get back into your guitars and the Forum. There has been a lot of talent on display around here lately. The bar is being raised... [thumbup] ....

At any rate, good to see a long-time member in good standing back on these pages [wink]

RRod

HI Karen,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think I told you that I raised paint horses for a while. While most of the time I had good luck, I did have one year that all of my mares aborted at about 8 to 9 months. I lost five foals that year and it sure knocks the wind out of your sales.

Pick up that guitar and play away your feelings or use those feelings to get in touch with a different type of music. A little Blues never hurt anyone and can certainly help strip away those feeling you are holding pent up inside.

Wish you live closer to me because I still have four paints and could use someone to help get them all ridden.

Glad you are back.

gill

Karen,

Really good to see you make an appearance.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and tried to get a message through to you to let you know. Sometimes in life, time is the only thing to seemingly get us back on track. Even then, it can feel as if there simply couldn't be enough time to fully heal, yet it's that same passing of days/weeks/months that's needed which often feels too painful to bear. It's a terribly unfair arrangement I'm afraid.

In my case it's dogs that I seemingly can't live without and having lost a couple that were family in the not too distant past was incredibly hard. Since then a couple of new adopted four legged family members have forced their way into my heart and I'm all the richer for it. Still miss the old pups, and always will, but the new arrangement certainly lightens the mental load one has to carry around.

Whether it involves this place or not, I hope you find whatever it is you need to obtain balance in your life once again.

All the best,

Bill

I've been gone a while too. I can feel your pain girl, as my Mother died last year. My entire solo (acoustic) project got scrapped and it has now become an instrumental (acoustic)project. I simply can't write words anymore.

Anyhow.

A chauffeur gets the gig of a lifetime, and is told to go pick up the Pope. When he gets there the Pope says, "I want to drive"

"You can't drive, I'll lose my job" says the driver. The Pope just stares at him.

So he let's him drive and he starts going faster, and faster, and runs a red light.

When the cop pulls him over, he rolls down his window and the cop sees him and goes back to his car and tells the dispatcher to put the Supervisor on.

"What's the problem?" says the Supervisor

"I can't write him up, he's too big." says the cop.

"What do you mean?" asked the Supervisor "Is it the Mayor?"

"Bigger"

"The Congressman"

"Bigger"

"The President"

"Look, man" said the cop "I THINK it's GOD, because his chauffeur is the POPE"

I've been gone a while too. I can feel your pain girl, as my Mother died last year. My entire solo (acoustic) project got scrapped and it has now become an instrumental (acoustic)project. I simply can't write words anymore.

Anyhow.

A chauffeur gets the gig of a lifetime, and is told to go pick up the Pope. When he gets there the Pope says, "I want to drive"

"You can't drive, I'll lose my job" says the driver. The Pope just stares at him.

So he let's him drive and he starts going faster, and faster, and runs a red light.

When the cop pulls him over, he rolls down his window and the cop sees him and goes back to his car and tells the dispatcher to put the Supervisor on.

"What's the problem?" says the Supervisor

"I can't write him up, he's too big." says the cop.

"What do you mean?" asked the Supervisor "Is it the Mayor?"

"Bigger"

"The Congressman"

"Bigger"

"The President"

"Look, man" said the cop "I THINK it's GOD, because his chauffeur is the POPE"

Murph.... great joke!

BTW...there's your song...... "God's Chaffeur"

Go get 'em!

Rats! I tried to give everyone a green lantern but I got up to Bob and got the message that I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day. What??? There's a limit to how many positive votes we can give? [lol]

Great joke Murph! I was actually laughing before the punch light. I'm sorry about your mom tho'. I have lost both my parents so I can relate.

I am actively looking for another horse. I have my eye on a 12 year old Tennessee walker who's very sweet and docile, or her son, who's a big dopey teenager with more energy than he knows what to do with. Gonna ride both of them this weekend and see. I'll probably go with the 12 year old (she'd be more level-headed on trails) because I can always ride the 8 year old as he's boarded at the same place. I just don't get the same thrill from hamsters or goldfish (no offense intended to all the hamster/goldfish people out there.)

Losing pets is the pits. It doesn't matter how many I've lost, it never gets easier. I look at the giant fluffball at my feet right now, big orange cat who's attached to me wherever I go. Someday he won't be here either (gulp).

Y'all will be happy to read I have my guitar (Lily) on my lap right now and I'm going through my old songs! Man, am I rusty! And I wasn't very good even when I was *good*. :lol:

Just keep pluckin' that G string kiddo! [thumbup]

Playing music is the only thing I've found that can truly soothe the pain of loss that we've all experienced. Some people can only experience it second hand, but we lucky few have the music in our hands. Regardless of your skill level, sitting alone with a guitar cradled in your arms and strumming a chord and humming along (even if in your head) has healing power. When I lost my Dad, my guitar was my solace. I even wrote a song for him (one of very very few that I've written ... counting on one hand...)

Archived