Gibson Brands Forums

What was your fist ever lp or cd?

krock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had lot's of 45's (along with my older brother's and sister's collection), but the first LP I ever got was "High Tide and Green Grass - The Rolling Stones Greatest Hits" in 1965 or '66, can't exactly remember. That's what got me

starting to want to play guitar.[thumbup]

In the early 80's my neighbors had several records that we listened to all the time like Blizzard of Ozz, Back in Blackand Heaven and Hell among others, we tried not to buy the same albums in the group so we could have access to more music.

My first LP bought with my own money was Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind, it was close between getting that of Number of the Beast but "The Trooper" blew my mind.

Before then I had only bought Beatles 45 singles with whatever little money I could come up with.

not according to eddie himself, FACT: eddie refused to take any moneys/royalties for his work on the song as he thought it (his solo) wasn't very good :o [mellow]

wow I didint know that.. I think its great for a pop song.. shows technique (tapping, dive bombs, harmonics etc)and is still heavy enough to cut through, showy enough and i think actually shows restraint rather than overdoing it (which is surprising for him ;))

oh well shows what i know :P :)

Thriller was my 2nd album. [thumbup] I've had it on vinyl, cassette, CD, and now my iPod. Haha.

Ya I have done that..LA Woman on all of the above, plus other records as well.....funny, record companies didn't seem to mind techknowledgey when it profited them...but they sure started to whine when it didn't.

With 2 older brothers (by 5 & 7 years) I grew up listening to Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Dylan & the Who.

The first ablum I bought wih my own (pocket) money was Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality". And do began a collecting habit that ended at around the 400 mark.

When I finally caved and moved on to CDs, the first one I bought was The Spin Doctors' "Pocketful of Kryptonite". I ended up with a collection of several hundred of them too.

All downloads now, I'm afraid. I have an iTunes library that won't fit onto my 160Gb iPod Classic, but the collection keeps on a-growing..... :)

Well it's no "Baby What's New" that's for sure.msp_flapper.gif

HEY! Someone went to a lot of trouble to put that together!

(I wish I know who that was!)

Actually "All The Time" was the B-Side, (Roger, who wrote it, wasn't too big on words, eh?).

The A-Side was "Baby What's New"....I didn't think the video was as interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtzUgjrreg

With 2 older brothers (by 5 & 7 years) I grew up listening to Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Dylan & the Who.

The first ablum I bought wih my own (pocket) money was Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality". And do began a collecting habit that ended at around the 400 mark.

When I finally caved and moved on to CDs, the first one I bought was The Spin Doctors' "Pocketful of Kryptonite". I ended up with a collection of several hundred of them too.

All downloads now, I'm afraid. I have an iTunes library that won't fit onto my 160Gb iPod Classic, but the collection keeps on a-growing..... :)

remind me nver play whos that band with you[smile]

I bought my first album in 1966 and I bought it out ofmoney my parentsgave me for acing grade 6.Although I was i full fledged Beatles fan I bought The Stones' December's Children(and everybody's).I must've stood in the record department for over an hour trying to decide between that and the Beatles 65.

My first album given to me was Michael Jackson's Thriller @ 6 years old. I used to play it on my sisters record player while she was at SIU.

VERY shortly there after, I found my Mom's Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin stash. Needless to say, it was over from there. I was done with Mr. Jackson (and break dancing, man what was I thinking). I still remember the first time I heard Paranoid. I was completely blown away, and all I wanted to do was play guitar from there out. I still never got my own guitar until I bought it myself at 15. My parents DID NOT support it. Father was a former Marine Drill Instructor.

My dad was so pissed at my mom I found those records. "I told you to throw those away!" LOL As far as he was concerned, I had already started smoking pot and telling everyone to f$@! off! Even though that didn't happen for another 6 years or so.

Archived