Gibson Brands Forums

Why do you think people spout off on bands they dislike?

ShredAstaire

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am willing. Soooo.... you gonna tell me different?? [biggrin]

Who me? No way man!!

Just kidding...you know you are better than yuo says....most of us are I think. Its good to be humble but there is nothing wrong with confidence. No arrogance though!! :)

You got skills kid!!

Who me? No way man!!

Just kidding...you know you are better than yuo says....most of us are I think. Its good to be humble but there is nothing wrong with confidence. No arrogance though!! :)

You got skills kid!! <----- Thank you, bro. [blush]

Agreed. Arrogance is uncool. Confidence is trusting, in a healthy way, in your abilities. Arrogance is throwing around your belief that you're superior in some way.

On another note, I have recently found myself loving some bands who I never was so hot on before. Dio, Sabbath, and Priest are among those "metal" bands I've taken a liking to. That's a big part of why I try not to be horribly negative about any music... if I find myself liking it later on... then what?

I admit that my taste's in music are broad, I do have a few fav's but I'll give about anything an ear-shot.

The whole thing around a Forum is to discus any subject that is posted with your own honest opinion(s).

Some people are just more voiced about thing's than others and some people are just bored so they start trolling. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Arrogance is uncool. Confidence is trusting, in a healthy way, in your abilities. Arrogance is throwing around your belief that you're superior in some way.

I like that about you.

You realize that just because your guitar playing kicks azz and you play better stuff than most you don't think of yourself as "superior".

In my opinion the Metallica-Megadeth feud has to be one of the most tired subjects on band-hating.

The inaccurate stories, the myths, the theories.

Now Megadeth and Metallica are playing together and patting each others butts and the fanboys are still at it with the feud [thumbdn]

In my opinion the Metallica-Megadeth feud has to be one of the most tired subjects on band-hating.

The inaccurate stories, the myths, the theories.

Now Megadeth and Metallica are playing together and patting each others butts and the fanboys are still at it with the feud [thumbdn]

Yeah but clearly any music fans know that Megadeth is better.

[flapper]

Yeah but clearly any music fans know that Megadeth is better.

[flapper]

Never were, Dave always fell short. He was too late to catch up with the Thrash movement but you have to actually know your Metal to know this, otherwise the fanboys will convince you otherwise. [tongue]

I alway's liked a lot of Metallica's stuff but "musically", on the whole, I think Megadeath is a better band, not the best thing to ever walk the Earth (no such thing) but just a bit better.

The other band in the mix is Slayer, they actually formed a steady band before Anthrax and Metallica but Metallica was the first to cut a record so I guess its all in what way you think of as first.

If I had to pick one out of the first 3 I'd say Anthrax as the better of the bunch but only from Spreading the Disease on.

I don't understand it at all. If you don't like it then listen to stuff you do like but don't tell others that the stuff they like is bad. It's not. It's just, as Notes once described it, "music for someone else's ears".

I don't know any songs by Nickelback, Justin Beiber or the Jonas Brothers but I'm not in a position to say their music is bad. If it's 'Not to my taste' then that's a completely different thing.

The nearest I ever got to raining on another's parade (I hope! :unsure:) was when I said in a thread I liked some bits of music from pretty much every genre; "...with the exception of Rap, of course."

That led on to someone (it might even have been Shred) taking the time to post a couple of Rap clips from outside the 'pop-radio-mainstream-usual-suspects' area and they were actually surprisingly good; and I'd learned a lesson....

(BTW; IMO Queen wrote a lot of the greatest songs from the '70s to the '90s).

P.

Doh, you mentioned beer! Now the thread will be deleted. #-o

BEER BEER BEER BEER

BEER BEER BEER BEER

LOVELY BEER

LOVELY BEER

As Franklin said " beer is proof that God wants us to be happy" (and probably proof that he wants us to buy new, larger pants every now and then. )

What are we waiting for? [mellow]

I alway's liked a lot of Metallica's stuff but "musically", on the whole, I think Megadeath is a better band, not the best thing to ever walk the Earth (no such thing) but just a bit better.

The other band in the mix is Slayer, they actually formed a steady band before Anthrax and Metallica but Metallica was the first to cut a record so I guess its all in what way you think of as first.

If I had to pick one out of the first 3 I'd say Anthrax as the better of the bunch but only from Spreading the Disease on.

This

Archived