Gibson Brands Forums

Pictures of your Gibson only guitars

4Hayden

best pics so far les paul's are so boring

hahaha, thanks man. Although, I think most of the world disagrees with you. ;)

I have a few LP's and others. They're wonderful guitars, but my pointies are the ones I like to play with if I'm live. Nice Rev V in your avatar. Way more comfortable than I had thought it would be. Of course, if I was a girl, my personal geometry might make that not the case, the way it's shaped. Haha.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha, thanks man. Although, I think most of the world disagrees with you. ;)

I have a few LP's and others. They're wonderful guitars, but my pointies are the ones I like to play with if I'm live. Nice Rev V in your avatar. Way more comfortable than I had thought it would be. Of course, if I was a girl, my personal geometry might make that not the case, the way it's shaped. Haha.

I used to like them as a child but after playing them i noticed a major design flaw, the toggle switch is in the wrong position for me i catch it when i'm playing so now i just can't be doing with them. I know a lot of people love their les pauls like their children but they're just not for me.

I used to like them as a child but after playing them i noticed a major design flaw, the toggle switch is in the wrong position for me i catch it when i'm playing so now i just can't be doing with them. I know a lot of people love their les pauls like their children but they're just not for me.

All the Gibsons I own are Les Paul's now, I've had SG & acoustic but it's LS from now on.

Sorry, did I come off as offended? I was just speculating and being colorful with my examples.

Keep doing whatever is making you happy to play. About the only approach I don't really appreciate is the artificial relicing, especially when taken to an extreme such as burning, grinding and sanding. To me that's akin to forging a resume. But to each their own. It's not like I have to play those guitars.

And yeah, the nitro finish is pretty delicate. It's still preferred in some circles due to it's easy reparability (it will redissolve). Any of those old stand with surgical tubing for cushion and a lot of rubber and foam padding will cause a reaction over time. As well, any blockage of air circulation may lead to discoloration (like decals or covers, etc.). I use a scratch pad on the backs of mine when I perform and am careful not to leave it on afterwards. Also it scratches somewhat easily so use soft cotton to clean and polish it if you are going to do that.

I did some google work and indeed the nitro cannot stand foams and rubber (I did not know it was that sensitive). I am carefull with my guitare but not scarry to use it. And I also does not like extreme fake "make old and used" effects. But if they appear because I use my guitare, no problem with it.

I did some google work and indeed the nitro cannot stand foams and rubber (I did not know it was that sensitive). I am carefull with my guitare but not scarry to use it. And I also does not like extreme fake "make old and used" effects. But if they appear because I use my guitare, no problem with it.

I agree, Elmer. I think they should be played, but try not to abuse mine either. Occassional dings or wear just happen.

Thanks, Hayden. I have an Epi Dove too, for banging around with. The differences are pretty dramatic, even in just the pickguard :)

YOU GOT A PICTURE WITH LES PAUL HIMSELF?! AWESOME DUDE!!! I LOVE GIBSONS EVEN THO I DONT HAVE NONE sorry caps lock was on :D

yup met him at his weekly show in NYC, great guy, even said he liked my guitar, rest in peace !

Well seeing as I don't have a black 175 (or any 175) I'll just have to post a pic of this again....not boring to me!

LesPaulfront.jpg

I'll bet that sounds and plays great.

How do you like the P-90s?

Hey...

Do any of you guys have a J-185ec Custom Shop in Red?

I'll bet that sounds and plays great.

How do you like the P-90s?

I love 'em - should have got a guitar with P90s years ago...good highs, plenty of definition, classic tone and an entirely different sound to a Fender-type single coil. And since I got it I've been gassing for more LPs in wine red/dark cherry like 4Hayden's one...very nice too! I've even seen a wine red ES175.

I love 'em - should have got a guitar with P90s years ago...good highs, plenty of definition, classic tone and an entirely different sound to a Fender-type single coil. And since I got it I've been gassing for more LPs in wine red/dark cherry like 4Hayden's one...very nice too! I've even seen a wine red ES175.

Have to fess up the Wine Red LP is my fav. Gibson I have

not all that much difference !

Guitars081.jpg

Fancy! Careful of that stand, looks like rubber tubing?

I've only got one with P90's it's a fun one though.

DSC00076.jpg

These aren't really P-90's but they're the same size :)

0226071323.jpg

Hey...<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 12.727272033691406px; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Do any of you guys have a J-185ec Custom Shop in Red?

Yes I do.

Archived