Gibson Brands Forums

My home playing rig

Twiz

My set up is...lets say I'm not organized and there are cables all over the place. [blush]

I just want fast access...nownownow.

I do keep the guitars safe from harm...those not in use are in cases....in the closet or somewhere.

...and I'm bad at taking pictures...I mean awful, lol.

setup.jpg

finally another blackheart fan msp_thumbup.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EastEnder

Oooh, Nice!

I can't see the cut-away bout but is that a Tal Farlow?

How old is she?

Very Sweet!

[thumbup]

EDIT : I've just looked closer and think I can see the inlaid curlicue under and beyond the unique-shaped 'guard?

P.

She is indeed a Tal Farlow, about seven months old and created in Nashville as part of the "Custom Crimson" collection. My "easy listening" guitar.

EE

My Rivera has a "Modern/Vintage" switch on the back - going to the Vintage mode cuts the power in half so you can get cranked up distorted sound at much lower volume. Also has a "high input" and "low input" jacks to use depending on the output of the pickups in the guitar so I can tweak it a little more with those.

I too have an inexpensive MIM Tele that is a lot of fun to play. With an email coupon for $100 off if you spent $300 I got it brand new for $200 and that has to be the best value guitar I've ever bought. As you say the simplicity of it is delightful. Won't do what my more expensive guitars will do in terms of tone and feel, but they won't do what the single coil tele does either.

No kiddin' on that archtop.

I have amps, but... the past year or so with more work hours piled on, generally I'm playing without an amp at all. Figure I'm on an archtop or a flattop and just once in a while a semi - so it's a matter of pickin' practice as opposed to "gee, I wanna sound like I'm electrified." Nothin' against the latter, I just ain't there about now.

m

This is my rig for both home and jamming or gigging. The amp is a Laney Cub 12. I usually use the 1 watt input at home and 15 watt input for jamming and gigs. If the venue is large enough that the 15 watt 1x12 combo doesn't cut it I just mic it. I may consider getting a 2x12 or 4x12 later on.

For guitars it's whatever my mood dictates between my '73 SG Standard, '08 SG Special or '11 Fender American Deluxe Strat.

Most times I just plug straight in but when I'm in the mood for pedals its either a Son of Hyde, Double Trouble, Angry Fuzz and an H2O or Zoom Choir 5050.

892002_10151323743805009_1747776821_o.jpg

I'm especially liking your '73 SG Standard, T-D-S. !

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

P.

I agree. That '73 is SVeeeT...the pups are smaller than mine and I know mine was messed with back when to get "hot pups" whatever that means >.<

Cool poster for inspiration [thumbup]

@ Twiz You were right about 70s...the one above is the unaltered version.

@ crust Jesus, I feel less bad about the world of cable tangle in my room, lol.

@ FELLOW BLACKHEART FAN ...if only they had a stand-by switch, they'd be awesomeness to the max. lurv my Black <3

Wow. I had not taken a picture of the new rig. Not all together, anyway, so thank you VERY much for this thread!!

You guys sure do a fine job of demonstrating that you can get good sounds out of such a wide variety of cool gear :D!

Ok, so here is the rig:

Les Paul

Vox Tonelab LE

Danelectro Free Speech

Marshall YJM 100 into a 1960A cab.

Boss Pedalboard through the effects loop. Right now it has a tuner and the phase effects with the DD-7 acting as a looper.

2013-03-22_19-19-11_725.jpg

I turn it down to a half watt and play as loud as I want.

Well, ok, as loud as I can [lol]

Archived