colin4195

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loving this thread! I'm late to the party. Great SG's! Every one of them. Pete C, I also have the GOW #38. How do you like yours? I like the 57 classics with this SG. When I got this guitar it had a dead sound. Bad factory setup, but with some TLC I set her up and got her ringing nicely. Here she is dressed in Antique Black Cherry.

DSCF2667_2.jpg

DSCF2643_2.jpg

Loving this thread! I'm late to the party. Great SG's! Every one of them. Pete C, I also have the GOW #38. How do you like yours? I like the 57 classics with this SG. When I got this guitar it had a dead sound. Bad factory setup, but with some TLC I set her up and got her ringing nicely. Here she is dressed in Antique Black Cherry.

DSCF2667_2.jpg

DSCF2643_2.jpg

You' re lucky , nice guitar

My recent acquisition. SG Classic with added Vibramate/Bigsby beside my Fender Twin Custom 15 (single 15" speaker):

SGBigsby.jpg

Sweet Classic! What year and color is it? It's dark like my 2008 so I don't think I'd consider ours heritage cherry.

btw you should man up, ditch the Vibramate, and come to the dark side:

l.jpg

Go all the way!

Sweet Classic! What year and color is it? It's dark like my 2008 so I don't think I'd consider ours heritage cherry.

btw you should man up, ditch the Vibramate, and come to the dark side:

l.jpg

Go all the way!

Thanks!

It's a 2006. I thought it was cherry but if it's too dark how about wine red (more of a Les Paul finish but who knows?)

I'm considering getting it mounted on the body but I'm also preferring the position it is with the VM. I use the vib the same way I do on my Strat, more of a detuning device used with delay than a wiggle stick. So I like the arm close by and loose feeling. I wonder if changing the position alters string tension, though.

PJ

My recent acquisition. SG Classic with added Vibramate/Bigsby beside my Fender Twin Custom 15 (single 15" speaker):

SGBigsby.jpg

Very nice. I did the same thing to my classic. I think it gives it a nice vintage look.

Archived