Gibson Brands Forums

Getting ready to head to my 5 star for NGD!

RunningDownTheR

Yes, i've done a lot of research and think I've settled on a few guitars I want so the wife and I are doing our coffee and she - her makeup. Will hit the road shortly for the trip. Have hotel room for night. So it will be a mini-vacation, eat out tonight. Plan to spend the afternoon making the right decision. Will update with pictures / videos if anything happens! msp_thumbup.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, the carb loading before the marathon - good strategy.

Ha. Good one. I'da figured RDtR for one of those 'food picture' guys. But I do enjoy the travelogue.

Just remember: you don't have to come back with guitar on your first foray. Lets just hope the moon & the stars all line up & 'the one' happens to be there while you're looking.

Oh man, Keith was a fantastic salesman. Landed a J-45 TV. Will post more picctures

92EC319B-D73A-4DBE-A8FC-6314B07AA3B4-241-00000030C0C21E6A.jpg

Keith: "our payment policy is very easy, we take cash, check, credit card, first born children and small puppies... how would you like that set-up - lights low with no-buzz?"

RDtR: "lemme go find some puppies..." [biggrin]

Parrot in the back of the shop: 'Hi Keith!" (gotta follow Murph to get that one)

J-45 TV. Gotta love 'em ! One of the most iconic guitars on the planet !!!

Gonna let the wife drive home while you play away in the back seat?

And I thought you were in Birmingham ... UK

Sounds weird to have a Birmingham in the US, just too English sounding ..

Well, where did ya think we came from EA, duhh? [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

It is rather "continental sounding" for Alabama, but "In Birmingham we love the Governor, oh hoo hoo" Leonard Skinard song Sweet Home Alabama.

Aster

Don't forget about the quart of blood they drew Dan! He won't be strong enough to play on the way home. A pitcher of OJ & box of cookies, sleeping in the back seat all the way home.

Congrats & Happy NGD

Aster

Archived