Gibson Brands Forums

Who here owns a Fender (BAD GUYS)

4Hayden

Here's some quick photo's that I had a few mins. to shoot:

Poster on the Lounge about the guitar & Labels:

DON'T LOOK AT ANY OF THESE!!! [flapper]

60th Annie Strat & Tele (had to have the Strat as it came out in my birth year).

P1010015%20-%20Copy_zpscmnw6br8.jpg

P1010017%20-%20Copy_zpsaackjioq.jpg

American Strat & American Strat 2013? w/ Rosewood & VS with Fat 50's.

P1010014_zpsinexoo9f.jpg

Strat Annie Case

P1010018_zpsojpeoprz.jpg

Poster on the Lounge about the guitar & Labels:

Aster

Very nice Fenders

4H

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aster,

Scouted out for brother in-law one of those 60th anniversay Tele's at a local store a few weeks back.

He pretty much bought it on the spot. Second hand, but the original owner never played it (he was more of a collector than a player)

after I spent about an hour or so setting it up, it's fantastic!

Aster,

Scouted out for brother in-law one of those 60th anniversay Tele's at a local store a few weeks back.

He pretty much bought it on the spot. Second hand, but the original owner never played it (he was more of a collector than a player)

Got mine up for sale but I'll probably chicken out , mine has been played four times

4H

Ding Ding Ding we have a winna , you are now a legal Southerner

4H

Hey, I knew about the luck runn'n out and stuff 'n stuff too. My hearts (and all my kin folk) are all Southerners, but I live up North. You know, where they don't know what good Cornbread, Biscuits, blackberry cobbler is or tastes like, and Lord knows they don't have a dang clue what "Red Eye" gravy is at all. [biggrin]

Aster

Aster,

I don't get enough play time on mine,but I love it!

Aster

I haven't decided if the 60th Annie Strat is too close to the American Standard to keep both. I guess I do like that Rosewood neck on it so what the heck, prolly just keep both of them and not have to decide. [rolleyes] I may put a Pearloid pickguard on the American Strat as the contrast of the VS & rosewood neck might set off with the pearl guard. It was bought for the Olympic White but that's a lotta white.

Aster

just recently aquired one of these

Twin-RedKnob.jpg

NOW we're talking Fenders! LOL. I've had an Acoustasonic Jr. for about 15 years, and a Blues Jr. for about 4-5 years. While I'm not real big on their guitars, they're amps are killer!

Edit: I also own an Epi Valve Sr., and it's between it and my Blues Jr. for favorite.

Hey, I knew about the luck runn'n out and stuff 'n stuff too. My hearts (and all my kin folk) are all Southerners, but I live up North. You know, where they don't know what good Cornbread, Biscuits, blackberry cobbler is or tastes like, and Lord knows they don't have a dang clue what "Red Eye" gravy is at all. [biggrin]

Aster

Had ham, eggs, biscuits and red eye gravy this morning

4H

Yes I have only one and bought it on a whim as it's not really my kind of guitar or buying on a whim for that matter. It's a 1974 Fender Tele Custom. same as Keith Richards, same year too. I use it for recording solos and it's good at that. When ever I play it I always say, I must use this more. Really great guitar and that's something from a non Fender man #

NOW we're talking Fenders! LOL. I've had an Acoustasonic Jr. for about 15 years, and a Blues Jr. for about 4-5 years. While I'm not real big on their guitars, they're amps are killer!

Edit: I also own an Epi Valve Sr., and it's between it and my Blues Jr. for favorite.

Wait a minute now - are we including Fender amps too? If so I'm going to have to make a list and add that to the "who owns a Fender" list :unsure:

Well, the forum member who sold me my ES-339 just emailed me last night and gave me first dibs on his mint American Deluxe HSS Strat. Since I'm posting it here, it would be safe to assume I did not decline! [thumbup] Should be here next week.

IMG_0210_zps4ai3l8bt.jpg

He started it Rev, not me LOL!

Okay, well here goes. (I should disclose that I also own a Fender FR-55 Chrome Resonator guitar in case somebody brings up Fender acoustics) [blink]

Fender Tweed Amps Section:

57 Twin Reissue

Hot Rod Deluxe

Blues Deluxe Reissue

Blackface Section

65 Twin Reverb (signed & used by Richie Havens for a concert here in Des Moines)

Concert Reverb (4x10)

Blues Junior

Champ 12 (faux snakeskin tolex)

(2) Pro Juniors

Well, the forum member who sold me my ES-339 just emailed me last night and gave me first dibs on his mint American Deluxe HSS Strat. Since I'm posting it here, it would be safe to assume I did not decline! [thumbup] Should be here next week.

IMG_0210_zps4ai3l8bt.jpg

I like the HSS , mine's a black Fender American Special , they sound completely different from other Fender models .

Good Luck

4H

I have a Fender amp. It failed me only once in 20 years service. That was after I carried it through driving rain after a miserable gig. It started working again after it had dried out.

I had a Fender Strat for 25 years. I bought it because of the sound. I never got used to the way it played. I only kept it because of the sound (classic single coil x 3).

But once I gave it up I never looked back. I will never have another. I still adore the sound they make though.

In fact I'm just about to have the Seymour Duncan active pups changed out of my Jackson Elite and replaced with fender style vintage pickups. I visit the luthier tomorrow.

Okay, well here goes. (I should disclose that I also own a Fender FR-55 Chrome Resonator guitar in case somebody brings up Fender acoustics) [blink]

Fender Tweed Amps Section:

57 Twin Reissue

Hot Rod Deluxe

Blues Deluxe Reissue

Blackface Section

65 Twin Reverb (signed & used by Richie Havens for a concert here in Des Moines)

Concert Reverb (4x10)

Blues Junior

Champ 12 (faux snakeskin tolex)

(2) Pro Juniors

I KNEW IT [-([-X \:D/ #-o=D>

Archived