Gibson Brands Forums

It says "Gibson" on the headstock!

J-200 Koa

Amusing - - the description lauds the many 'legitimate' attributes of an H'Bird - but there appears to be a disconnect when you look at the picture.

The description states the guitar has 'split parallelogram MOP fretboard inlays'

But the actual picture shows dot fret markers.

The seller states "No Returns. Sold "As Is" "

I'd say the currentt bid of $400 is probably $300 more than this is worth.

Might be the seller is our old Forum Member - GuitarLite. Could explain a lot !

When I come across rip off merchants like this one I send a sarcastic question like "Never seen one like this before, is it a special run" or something like. They never seem to answer - I can't think why!

This clown wants reporting to Ebay for false claims about an item - in fact I'll do it now

This needs to be reported-while I agree with "Buyer Beware," this is fraud.

The seller can skirt around the authenticity of the guitar, and in some cases keep their money. They can also claim ignorance, and make the buyer jump through hoops to get a refund.

How do you report to eBay?

This needs to be reported-while I agree with "Buyer Beware," this is fraud.

The seller can skirt around the authenticity of the guitar, and in some cases keep their money. They can also claim ignorance, and make the buyer jump through hoops to get a refund.

How do you report to eBay?

I've done it - although I am in the UK and my concerns will be passed to the US Ebay - they have their own rules it seems

By the way - it's a hell of a job finding a way to complain to Ebay [cursing]

I tried to ask the seller a question but could not - now that's odd in itself- seems I can't because I'm not in USA - can someone there try it?

When I come across rip off merchants like this one I send a sarcastic question like "Never seen one like this before, is it a special run" or something like. They never seem to answer - I can't think why!

The run is too special. [scared]

This clown wants reporting to Ebay for false claims about an item - in fact I'll do it now

Yep.

From what you can see through the soundhole that thing is a real car crash on the inside. Well ok, it's a car crash inside and out.

A friend of me one came back from travelling with a 'Givson' guitar he'd picked up somewhere along the way made in India - this looks really quite similar.

That's a nice piece...I especially like the 'burst' nobody does it like Gibson [biggrin] I wonder though, is that one of Ren's personal favorites or just your 'run of the mill' birds [confused]. Either way she's a beauty! I see a couple of brave souls have taken the plunge and bid but the reserve still hasn't been met, looks like the owner ain't letting it go for cheap. [flapper]

I just email them and tell them it's fake and they are a--holes, who need to be reported.

that usually ends the auction kind of fast.

I just email them and tell them it's fake and they are a--holes, who need to be reported.

that usually ends the auction kind of fast.

Well don't just sit there - do it! If I could I would! This whippersnapper needs his *** kickin' by one of the boys - quick as you like [thumbdn]

edit - I can't believe it! I had donkey - well the animal Jesus rode anyway - deleted and replaced by *** - Dam ( the kind that blocks rivers I mean) :rolleyes:

I reported it yesterday as well. Also, I asked the seller a question, and oddly, no questions are posted in the listing.

I am starting to feel pretty certain the seller is being fraudulent. Surely, he must know it's fake by now.

WHY is the listing still up?

Reminds me of Mary Ford's SG/Les Paul that was featured on Pawn Stars and was up on EBAY just after the episode aired.

It was proven "fraudulent", and at the VERY least, not what it was listed as, but yet, still sold for the 100k or so they were hoping to get.

Occasionally, it still pops up for sale at the inflated price.

I guess it's really up to the buyer to decide if they want to pursue fraudulent stuff they bid on, or hold the buyer to what's stated in the add.

Archived