Gibson Brands Forums

2 legends

Bulldog86902

Who do you think is best?im at a loss,,I prefer Gary's style but it's very like stevies,,it's not American vs British folks ,,weel leave that out,,I can't b bothered gettin my child plastic sword oot the room cupboard lol,,,I just think both are timeless and the way they put there own little twists into pure blues classics is just natural n perfect,🤘

Of those two, I will always pick SRV.

Gary was great and I love some of the tones he got with his LP, but I sometimes find his playing too over-the-top and not always in context with the song he's playing on. Like every song is just an excuse for his blues-shredding.

Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Gary was great and I love some of the tones he got with his LP, but I sometimes find his playing too over-the-top and not always in context with the song he's playing on. Like every song is just an excuse for his blues-shredding.

[thumbup] Agreed!

CB

I think that your statement could be said about a lot of Blues guitar players.

I somewhat agree...but then again 'context ' of the song is subjective and different for each player and how they wish to interpret it.

I enjoy other people's visions,even if not my own.

Please, people stop with who is best. No one is best. There is your favorite that is all. Stop Stop Stop. It can not be proven who is best.

Both are great and different. Seen Gary Moore open for Rush. Sadly never seen SRV.

I agree, except SRV had more talent, better tone, crafted better songs, had more style and played/recorded with more taste and intensity, not to mention, a more interesting unique delivery than Gary Moore did.

1455669076[/url]' post='1741708']

I've actually been more of a Hendrix, EC and Mike Bloomfield kind of person.

And, the 3 "Kings" (BB, Albert, Freddy), of course.

CB

msp_thumbup.gif And Roy Buchanan, Magic Sam, Muddy Waters, Peter Green, Doc Watson, Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, Wes Montgomery, Chet Atkins, Frank Zappa, Pepe Romero, and on and on

Both are great and different. Seen Gary Moore open for Rush. Sadly never seen SRV.

I was a kid when SRV played at our local university's Fall Fest. It was a free concert. Cyndi Lauper played just before him (yeah that was strange). All the teenie bop fans didn't stick around for SRV. My buddy and I crawled in the mud in between them as they were leaving, and we got right against the stage. I was literally 5 feet from SRV the entire time he played. When I came home I wanted to throw my guitar out the window.

As said before, there are no Best player, there are just subjective opinions.

Of the two i´ve always prefered SRV, GM have some tops but SRV always delivered, and he´s tone was so.... hm, true :rolleyes:

But i always come back to Billy Gibbons as my fave, i just love what he squeeze out of the Guitars [thumbup]

I have to agree with FZ and Merciful, it's a contest no one can ever win.

The two guys mentioned are indeed two of my favorites and they are absolutely legends, but there are so many incredible players.

Only thing I find sad is that so many of them left too soon for one reason or another.

I like SRV's style and playing much better than Gary Moore's. Moore had the cooler guitar, but I prefer SRV's playing.

I got to see the Peter Green guitar one year at the Dallas or Arlington (I don't remember which) guitar show. There was a little hand-written sign in the open guitar case that said, "Do not touch". I touched the guitar anyway.

Archived