Gibson Brands Forums

NGD" Hummingbird

rdnzl

This arrived a couple days ago. It's a Gibson Hummingbird, made in 1996. After tuning her up, I played for about an hour. It's hard to put down. Absolutely perfect action, and she sounds very "open" and she rings and rings after a good hard strum. The saddle is high, and I'm sure someone will say its too high, but it plays like a dream. Easy to play. Almost silly how easy it is to play. Absolutely wonderful tone.

Zed6kKP.jpg?1

JKYmy3l.jpg?1

YyqngdK.jpg?1

A3KCabm.jpg?2

With the silking and coloration in that top, it would be a shame to put a sunburst on it. Looks to be in fine condition. Congrats.

Looks good but the saddle is too high. Long scale? I think they went back to the short scale '97 ish. Good find either way...just kiddin' about the saddle.

Yes, do check out that scale length; could be a bigger guitar than you thought.

And watch out for that coy feline- it's got eyes on your 'Bird.

Enjoy.

I wouldn't worry about the saddle height, if anything a higher saddle will actually make the guitar sound better and maybe even a bit louder, but man it does look ridiculously high! But if you like the action and how the guitar plays now that's all that matters. Enjoy!

Hey and hep for that purchase.

As far as I know, we don't have a Bird from that particular period on the Board.

But I have a '96 Dove, which have opened up beautifully. That is 1 generous guitar and I would really like to hear yours.

So why not set up a clip.

Congs again

Yep, she's a real beauty. Proof positive not all H"Birds need a special BirdBurst. Based on the pick guard - it looks to be virtually unplayed.

But, what caught my eye was the case. It, too, looks to be in pristine condition. But the brass plated hardware shines!

Even if kept in a closet or under a bed for 20 years, the brass normally oxidizes and gets duller.

So, either it's a new case (unlikely), someone took Brasso to the latches (doubtful), or you've got an especially well-preserved case AND guitar!

Congrats!

This arrived a couple days ago. It's a Gibson Hummingbird, made in 1996. After tuning her up, I played for about an hour. It's hard to put down. Absolutely perfect action, and she sounds very "open" and she rings and rings after a good hard strum. The saddle is high, and I'm sure someone will say its too high, but it plays like a dream. Easy to play. Almost silly how easy it is to play. Absolutely wonderful tone.

Zed6kKP.jpg?1

JKYmy3l.jpg?1

YyqngdK.jpg?1

A3KCabm.jpg?2

Oh boy, a blond Bird, now I'm jealous ...

Lucky man you are !

We want to hear this beauty [thumbup]

Yep, she's a real beauty. Proof positive not all H"Birds need a special BirdBurst. Based on the pick guard - it looks to be virtually unplayed.

But, what caught my eye was the case. It, too, looks to be in pristine condition. But the brass plated hardware shines!

Even if kept in a closet or under a bed for 20 years, the brass normally oxidizes and gets duller.

So, either it's a new case (unlikely), someone took Brasso to the latches (doubtful), or you've got an especially well-preserved case AND guitar!

Congrats!

I think it was the lighting. Here is a closeup of the hardware on the case.

aKqaiit.jpg?1

Archived