Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Les Paul Tribute Goldtop

MichaelT

I went and picked up my guitar today from FedEx. Gibson Les Paul Tribute Goldtop with P90's. Ordered from American Musical. This is right out of the package before being plugged in and played. Review will be coming after setup and time through amps tomorrow. Action is a little higher than usual. Intonation is off a little but easily adjusted. Comes with gig bag and other goodies. Can't wait to hear it plugged in after setup and all. It looks like it has binding but that's the maple top. I love the lighter wood on the neck and back of guitar. Came with pickguard installed and I'll probably be putting a poker chip on it tonight or tomorrow. For more information: https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPTR9017-SGNH3

20170509_120122_zps9exkhdss.jpg

20170509_120117_zpsqcbva5d3.jpg

20170509_120128_zpsqyfjqsao.jpg

20170509_120151_zpsmlbggkz3.jpg

20170509_120205_zpsqiynyzwe.jpg

Very nice.

It just looks like a "player". Nothing too fancy, but all the essentials are there. Agree about the nice light color of the back, neck, and the way the maple cap contrasts along the edge of the top. Needs a poker chip though.

Have fun - plug it in a let er rip!! \:D/

Very nice.

It just looks like a "player". Nothing too fancy, but all the essentials are there. Agree about the nice light color of the back, neck, and the way the maple cap contrasts along the edge of the top. Needs a poker chip though.

Have fun - plug it in a let er rip!! \:D/

Poker chip is in the drawer waiting for the guitar. My Standard is going to be my main player, I think. This is definitely going to be a player though.

Sweet guitar. The last two guitars I've bought have satin finishes which I really like. I have an SG with P-90s and would love to have a LP with P-90s too. I'll bet it will sound great. Enjoy.

Beautiful! Did it come with the Grover tuners?

Yes it did. These pictures were just a couple minutes after taking it out of the box. Grover locking tuner, pickguard installed, no poker chip but I've since added one. Slim taper neck, 9 hole weight relief, tektoid nut, satin finish, pcb with quick connect. Comes with nylon strap, padded gig bag, smaller tool set than my Standard came with, polish cloth, picture of guitar on bench.

It's basically a regular Les Paul with no binding and satin finish. Feels, plays and sounds like a Les Paul. Lots of sustain and tone. My Standard is getting jealous as I'm breaking this one in.

If I were you I would let that guitar settle in on it's own for at least a week before messing with setup. All my Gibsons seemed to need tweaking for intonation and action but when I left them alone I was amazed at how the action setup changed after settling in on it's own and also the intonation corrected itself also. Do yourself a big favor and wait a week. The relief in the neck even changes.

Joke !

Oh, I know. That's what the smiley face was for. :) I'm definitely loving CB's black beauty though. It's a shame I'm not allowed to adopt any more guitars for another 6 months, according to my wife. That one would be on the list. It's awesome.

Archived