Gibson Brands Forums

holy les paul anyone?

Basshole

I personally do not like the Xplorer with all the holes in it. I hope to never see an LP that way. The holes take away from the aesthetics of the guitar. Part of the allure (now that I've matured and don't think pointy guitars are awesome) of a nice guitar is the color, the grain, the fading. With a guitar with a bunch of holes in it, you get none of that. So, what's the point. It seems like a gimmick. Gibson doesn't need a gimmick.

I heard something once about excellence. I'll paraphrase: good must advertise to let people know, but excellence doesn't.

So, this gimmicky guitar seems like Gibson is trying to advertise that it is a "cool" guitar company. It doesn't need gimmicks to prove it's cool. Just keep selling excellent instruments that are beautiful and full of tone.

Oh - it could get SOOOO much worse, pray Gibson don't see this:-

Title: Color changeable guitar body

Document Type and Number: United States Patent 4815355

Abstract:

A clear plastic hollow guitar body 20 with sides 25 which are vacuum formed together and having an attached back 24 and a colored liquid 32 which has the ability to be changed to a different color by draining from drain hole 33 and refilling through fill hole 34. It has waterproof electronic pickup boxes 26 attached inside the body and connected by tubes 27 to the volume switches 28, the off and on switches 29, and the input jack 30, thus making all electronic parts moisture proof.

[-X

Oh - it could get SOOOO much worse' date=' pray Gibson don't see this:-

[u']Title[/u]: Color changeable guitar body

Document Type and Number: United States Patent 4815355

Abstract:

A clear plastic hollow guitar body 20 with sides 25 which are vacuum formed together and having an attached back 24 and a colored liquid 32 which has the ability to be changed to a different color by draining from drain hole 33 and refilling through fill hole 34. It has waterproof electronic pickup boxes 26 attached inside the body and connected by tubes 27 to the volume switches 28, the off and on switches 29, and the input jack 30, thus making all electronic parts moisture proof.

:D

Doesnt Kirk Hammett have 1 of those?

Archived