Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Black Dog

Looks great. Not sure I would mail order an $8000 guitar. Gutsy move.

Not really that gutsy. They have a good return policy. I doubt I'll be disappointed, but you never know. I hope that a big part of what I'm paying for is not the hide glue, special plastic, etc, but rather superior craftsmanship and quality. We'll see.

Thanks for the compliment, it is a nice looking guitar. msp_thumbup.gif

quote name='Dub-T-123' timestamp='1519431097' post='1919297']

I just noticed an aesthetic flaw on it which would probably start a whole discussion about Gibson's QC but I'm sure this happened on the original bursts too

Man, that's rough. Starting QC complaints about my guitar before I even get it!! msp_smile.gif

That'll be the first thing I have to check now....

Sorry man I have QC vision from work and can’t turn it off!

It’s such a minor and common aesthetic flaw, I hope you enjoy the guitar enough that it doesn’t bother you. And I hope I didn’t rain on your parade, but you’d probably notice at some point on your own anyways

Yes please, I'll have what he's having.

That's a hell of a good looking guitar. Congrats and enjoy. If it plays anywhere near as good as it looks you should be in guitar heaven in about 72 hours or so. Keep us posted on how it turns out. You should change your user name to lucky dog with a score like that, haha.

What can I say that's not been said before? Absolutely Stunning in every way!

The figure is in a league of its own but the first thing which struck me was how beautiful the colour and spray pattern are on that one. One of the best 'burst finishes I've ever seen.

My heartiest congrats!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

What can I say that's not been said before? Absolutely Stunning in every way!

The figure is in a league of its own but the first thing which struck me was how beautiful the colour and spray pattern are on that one. One of the best 'burst finishes I've ever seen.

My heartiest congrats!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Thanks very much Pip. Yeah, it's nice color and spray job. The color is "Murphy Sunburst". This one is one of the Wildwood Spec by Tom Murphy guitars. So the wood selection, parts selection, finishing and build are all supposedly by either TM people or in the case of the painting, by TM himself. It also has the WW spec custombuckers which I'm told are slightly under wound compared to standard and are also hand picked/paired by TM.

Archived