Gibson Brands Forums

How do you give meaning to your life?

?_?

Great question, and one that may be revealing, if answered honestly by those who chose to post.

I have a family that I provide for. I give them love, support, am there to inspire them to follow their dreams, and to kick them in the butt when they get lazy. I help my wife grow her small business.

I teach my 7 year old son what it means to be a man and how to make the lives of those around him better.

I help those in need when I can, and never ask for anything in return. And a few months ago, after being agnostic for most of my life, I realized that there is a definite evil in the world. That lead me to finally believe in God. That inspired me to do my part in making the world a better place by doing my part, every day, to help those who have been hurt by that evil.

It's much more fulfilling that sitting around whining during a pity party, wishing my life was better.

Great question' date=' and one that may be revealing, if answered honestly by those who chose to post.

I have a family that I provide for. I give them love, support, am there to inspire them to follow their dreams, and to kick them in the butt when they get lazy. I help my wife grow her small business.

I teach my 7 year old son what it means to be a man and how to make the lives of those around him better.

I help those in need when I can, and never ask for anything in return. And a few months ago, after being agnostic for most of my life, I realized that there is a definite evil in the world. That lead me to finally believe in God. That inspired me to do my part in making the world a better place by doing my part, every day, to help those who have been hurt by that evil.

It's much more fulfilling that sitting around whining during a pity party, wishing my life was better.

[/quote']

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> well put my friend.

I don't give meaning to my life.

The One who created me gives meaning to my life and His name is Jesus Christ. My worth is not found in "doing" but instead my worth comes from "being" in Christ.

For me some of the other things people mentioned are important and near the top (family for example), but never

at the top of my list. Only Christ gets that spot. I think it's scary when those other things are the top of the list of what gives worth. What do you do when big time trouble comes in one of those areas?

Eat a live frog every morning and nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day.

Okay, seriously, I'm not sure if I understand the question; by "meaning" do you mean "happiness" or "justification for existence" or something else? Assuming happiness, obviously I find music and guitar to be fulfilling but I also enjoy my career, love my girlfriend, get satisfaction from the charity work I do and just try by trying to lead a good life.

First... children wudda cost too much for me, I think, and I'm not talking money. Now I'm really too old for it.

But I think in general just trying to do "right," to make some contribution to your community whatever it is... in general to follow "The Way" as noted by Lao Tzu regardless of religious beliefs...

What's the meaning of life and how would one fine it? Well, I think it's irrelevant if you do what's meaningful to yourself and offer a pragmatic sort of kindness to those around you.

To put it rather crudely, I think if you enjoy living and wish fervently to keep living, but wouldn't be terribly bothered if you were told you would die painlessly tonight, you've found the meaning...

Well. and a well-crafted guitar neck and strings you like on a guitar you like - and some friends to pick with or around.

mmmmm.........

Probably peanuts' date=' music, sports, peanuts, sleep, peanuts, oranges, peanuts, cashews, mr. peanut, macncheese, loudness and peanut butter.

Im just screwing with you guys, its all peanuts and chicks, lol.[/quote']

Peanuts suck! Not really if u get good dip its good.

My meaning of life is to take it ha! Nah im just a student getting girls,laying guitar,video games and having a good time. Small things in life make my day.

Archived