Gibson Brands Forums

Moving the guitars and myself

Navy Vet.

My offer on a home in Johnson City TN was accepted yesterday. Looks like I may be settled in late December. Talked my brother into driving one of my automobiles and I should be able to move all my guitars and amps in two cars, I’ll worry about the incidentals like clothes and other items at a later date. Got my hair cut in this hipster joint yesterday. The lady that cut my hair told me her father is a guitar player living in the adjoining town of Jonesborough.  They have two music stores downtown. I visited one yesterday and was impressed with the place. Life is good, even with the snow that fell yesterday.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Navy Vet. said:

They have two music stores downtown. I visited one yesterday and was impressed with the place. Life is good, even with the snow that fell yesterday.

Does that mean something caught your eye in the store?

13 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

Actually I saw a Gretsch bass that caught my eye. A Fender Elite Telecaster was nice and a few Taylor acoustics. Not a Gibson in the shop that I saw.  It had at least 5 complete drum sets and a lot of mandolins. It was a cool store.

Sounds like Campbell's music store.   There's going to be a new Guitar Center in JCY in 2020.  A couple other good music stores are Honeycutt Music and Musick Alley.

3 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Sounds like Campbell's music store.   There's going to be a new Guitar Center in JCY in 2020.  A couple other good music stores are Honeycutt Music and Musick Alley.

Thanks for the info. Yes it was Campbell’s, I got the impression they do a lot of repairs and set up work there. I noticed three employees working on guitars in the middle of the store.