Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Today will be Day2 of trying to teach our 2 German Shepherd Dogs a new trick:  to walk on an elevated plank of wood about 10' long.  I tried with our first GSD - but made the mistake of starting her out with it already elevated.   I'm going slower now (more time and patience being retired) so I'm getting these guys to learn to walk on it first just on the ground.  Sounds simple - but it's not.  Some dogs who were never exposed to a tile floor, for example, in their first couple of years - go bonkers when they first set paw on one.   Took me a half dozen visits to Lowe's with one of them to get him to stand on one of those big metal carts they have for lumber and potting soil.  Part of the problem was - seeing people wheel them around making lots of noise, and then having them wobble when he put his paw on one.  Maybe they're teaching me patience.  Raising 4 kids helped, but...

I support the left
Though I'm leaning, leaning to the right
I support the left
Though I'm leaning to the right
But I'm just not there
When it's coming to a fight

Hey now, baby
Get into my big black car
Hey now, baby
Get into my big black car
I want to just show you
What my politics are

Hmm good coffee this morning, I'm just about conscious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Third day of oiling the London Plane tiles..   Man oh man am I sore..  Seven and a half hours a day doing this. Thank goodness its now warmer outside in the day.

This is where I am at

ZxHLrTV.jpg

Some more oiled samples of loveliness

9JgzFmk.jpg

Xw2A07u.jpg

• Like 3

I got a Hum Debugger a few days ago that seems to work pretty well. It does have to be the first device your guitar plugs into in your chain of effects. Since all of my guitars use P90's its quite helpful, specially when running off of solar/generator. Most of my guitars are setup for Hum Cancelling but there are situations dirty 60 cycle can cause problems and the Hum Debugger does really help.

s-l1600.jpg

I also use  a Hum X on my AC line, the Hum Debugger is a lot more noticeably effective.

Edited by mihcmac

And FINISHED   😄  Thank god thats over.. My poor hands are proper screwed...  So I am happy its done..  Four and a half days it took.

52wY7kl.jpg

Probably over two thousand pieces all together (to make 1000 meters). And you know what. The grain on the London Plane still makes me go wow

T7JMJlQ.jpg

lmQeqms.jpg

And then I spent some time preparing the neck wood for that next build (after my hands are rested). Its going to be a five piece with Black Walnut and London Plane

v2ErVVA.jpg

zRtERvg.jpg

sjfntcC.jpg

RByn5KI.jpg

Nx5bx2Y.jpg

Maybe I will get on that some time next week.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I built a 12 X 20 canopy yesterday for some extra car shelter out of the rain.. Hope the next cyclone doesn’t shred it..

Nice.. I do enjoy building stuff.. Will have to make sure I give my hands a good rest first though.. They really are quite sore.. Feel all swollen and a bit stiff (probably arthritis)...  But I know I did work them hard so I guess is to be expected somewhat.

18 hours ago, Rabs said:

Nice.. I do enjoy building stuff.. Will have to make sure I give my hands a good rest first though.. They really are quite sore.. Feel all swollen and a bit stiff (probably arthritis)...  But I know I did work them hard so I guess is to be expected somewhat.

One reason I enjoy my morning coffee is that I use a large coffee cup that I can wrap my hands around and get some arthritic relief.

I'm watching a really strange movie called " Everything Everywhere All At Once" with Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Lee Curtis and several other familiar faces, its been in the theaters for a while but free on Flixtor I am using Amazons web browser on my TV, you can also watch using a phone, tablet or computer with an internet connection. .....

https://flixtor.to/watch/movie/30555322/everything-everywhere-all-at-once

Edited by mihcmac

4 hours ago, mihcmac said:

One reason I enjoy my morning coffee is that I use a large coffee cup that I can wrap my hands around and get some arthritic relief.

I'm watching a really strange movie called " Everything Everywhere All At Once" with Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Lee Curtis and several other familiar faces, its been in the theaters for a while but free on Flixtor I am using Amazons web browser on my TV, you can also watch using a phone, tablet or computer with an internet connection. .....

https://flixtor.to/watch/movie/30555322/everything-everywhere-all-at-once

I watched that last night..  Brilliant film.. Very creative and offbeat but really really enjoyed it,

Yesterday I used my Jr DC that has an 04 Gibson P90 in a situation that creates a lot of 60 cycle hum, I stepped on my "Hum Debugger" and it was totally gone. I think that anyone who uses single coil Gibsons or Fenders would love one of these digital noise processors, its like magic and will work with any type of wound pickup....

zx8fhjv.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Fun afternoon. 

Dodging rain storms, riding to and from repairing the hinge on a broken mailbox for a beautiful lady. 
Got home just as the big splats were coming down. 

Enjoying a beverage now, watching the rain soaking the gardens and the yard. 
I'll go out later and wipe the motorcycle down with soft towels and some Turtle Wax spray shine. 

Good times. 

🙂

1IrFgoZ.jpg

• Like 1

Bought and planted a fern in a shaded part of our garden, returned our Daughter and Son-in-law's dog ( who was rooming with us for the last two weeks while they had a bathroom reno done), and did a guest appearance in a very good hockey game (filling in for one of the regular goalies who was out with an injury).

Tomorrow: cut the grass, clean the gutters, do some shopping and start the finish sanding on a DIY guitar-building project.

Pretty much a mirror-image of the daily lives of the Uber Rich and Famous, I would imagine.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Today(5/24/22) after I sign off the iNet I'll load  six Bob Dylan cds into my 6-disc carousel cd player, press "play" in honor of my man's 81st birthday today.  😊

When those are done, I'll load the rest of what I have in it and play them.

Whitefang

So as a continuation of my oiling exploits, I spotted some pics on Instagram of what I assume the tiles are being used for.. I cant see many other people doing this.

Its cool as I was finding it hard to picture how they were going to be used as ceiling tiles.. Check..

BQKIu7Y.jpg

LZ7j7TO.jpg

MwSNxNB.jpg

MO2dxl2.jpg

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

Having coffee, having to upgrade my flip phone but verizon only has 4g flips, so II guess I will be good until they do away with 4g.

I had to buy a cassette player/recorder so I could go through a densely packed box of cassettes going back to the early 70's. Lots of surprises....

Edited by mihcmac

I have hundreds of old cassettes and got both my cassette players serviced and working again a few years back, with the idea of digitising it all.  I did all the DATs and sold the DAT player.  I've done just a few cassettes so far, and have paid for an old reel-to-reel to be refurbished so I can play back and digitise about 20 old reels.  I use Audacity and do a proper job, transferring and monitoring everything carefully with the best level.  Audacity is a great stereo recording/mastering pgm; like the old Steinberg Wavelab but much better, and free too.

Today I did my usual swim - going earlier now, to try and get it done as soon as possible.  Back home I had a lunchtime treat - bacon rolls.  My dwarf apple tree needed re-staking and after that I planted a rosemary and put 2 mint plants in bigger pots.   I'm going to see Mclaughlin in London on Saturday, and on Sunday a hi-fi fair in Tonbridge to sell some old tat - I hope.

I ought to do a separate thread on my hi-fi as I bought a new integrated amp and everything sounds amazing. 

Best wishes to all!

Edited by jdgm