Gibson Brands Forums

Iconasm

SteveFord

What you have when you order two of the most iconic guitars ever made in a single day from the most iconic brand in the history of iconic stuff.

Well, one's ordered, the other is pending funds being shuffled around.

Stay tuned.

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Sorry, I blacked out for a bit, guess I'll get something to eat and lay down and smoke a cigar and then a little nap sounds about right.

What prey tell did you iconiclly purchase. You are my hero 2 in one day. That is like scoring with 2 different chicks on the same day.

I see a government job had served you well.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Ideally, you want two at the same time.  

Not that I would know about that, mind you.  I think I read about it in a magazine once a long time ago before I met my darling wife.

What am I getting?  Just some old junk that Pete Townsend would smash into kindling and then kick off of the stage.  Details to follow when they show.

Two more planned after that but I don't think Jimi Hendrix would even bother to waste lighter fluid on.  They're iconic but not THAT iconic.

8 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

You want to be seeing two young ladies who are friends maybe put on Do The Strand.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I'll take Jennifer Aniston and Charlize Theron if you could work that out for me. Charlize is one of those women who look dynamite in short hair. I like women with long hair but for her I'll make an exception.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Speaking of  which, this morning I got to thinking that there are three syllables in ICONIC so I pushed up my schedule a bit and bought the third one.  I think this may be some sort of COVID-19 induced cabin fever as I haven't bought a guitar in years.

The last one will be the most expensive one so maybe by Fall one will pop up that I can afford.

That should be enough to hold my interest for a bit.

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Speaking of  which, this morning I got to thinking that there are three syllables in ICONIC so I pushed up my schedule a bit and bought the third one.  I think this may be some sort of COVID-19 induced cabin fever as I haven't bought a guitar in years.

The last one will be the most expensive one so maybe by Fall one will pop up that I can afford.

That should be enough to hold my interest for a bit.

You and Zappa are my heroes. The Beatles too.