Gibson Brands Forums

Gig bag for 67 B-25?

JPMTO

First off, welcome to the forum!

To soften the blow a little (although ksdaddy isn't wrong), any guitar you want to protect needs a hard shell case. Especially one like that. It's worth the investment...

Edited by Cabarone

agree with those guys..  get a good case.

Silver Creek cases are pretty affordable, not much more than a good gig bag would set ya back and they are very good cases.  I have one for my '78 Yari  DY74  Dreadnought, it fits perfectly.

Recognizing your question, Chromecast makes a very inexpensive acoustic guitar gig bag that will fit your B-25 that is available on Amazon.  I own two of them for two of my similar sized guitars.  They work great to carry a concert size or 00 size acoustic guitar to an from a gig, are light weight, and have adequate padding for carrying the guitar provided you make an effort to take care of the guitar in it (meaning don’t just throw the bag with the guitar into your car, don’t drop it, gently place it on the ground, etc.).   The link shown is one specifically for a guitar your size.

Here’s a link to it:  https://www.amazon.com/ChromaCast-CC-APB-BAG-Acoustic-Guitar-Padded/dp/B009ZX91AI

Road Runner also makes some nice gig bags for Concert size or 00 size guitars, but they are more expensive, but seem pretty much the same as the mentioned Chromecast model.  I own a couple Road Runner gig bags for a couple other guitars and really don’t see any difference from the lesser price Chromecast one.  One thing to be cautious of,  do not buy a Classical guitar gig bag for the B-25, even though a B-25 has the same Concert guitar shaped body as a Classical guitar.  The Classical guitar gig bag will be too short as Classical guitars have 12 frets to the body while your B-25 has 14 frets to the body.  The mentioned Chromecast bag in the link will fit your B-25 fine and be a whole lot lighter and less clunkier  to carry to/from gigs than a hard shell case.  A good thing if you’re getting older or have any health concerns like asthma or just want to take things easier.

Hope this helps.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark
  • Thanks 1

If you’re looking for the carrying convenience of a backpack strap, a lot of the smaller cases will fit into a gig bag made for a larger guitar. For example, I bought a Gibson acoustic    gig bag and put my Gibson Les Paul hard case in it. A perfect fit and makes it very easy to tote around.  
If you already have a hard case for it just take it ( it can be empty) to somewhere like GC and try some gig bags over it. They also make covers for cases but they’re usually more customized. 
If you’re set on getting a gig bag get a nice one with hard foam surrounding the guitar. 

That's roughly a $2K guitar.  If it's in a gig bag, and falls, the headstock will break and cost more to repair than an inexpensive hard case. And it will decrease in value.   Take it into a larger guitar shop and they'll fit it into a case you can afford.  A gig bag is a garbage bag waiting to happen.   Only had 1/2 of my first cup of coffee thus far - so...  

4 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

There are only two types of guitars that should be in gig bags: 

1. guitars you are selling. 
2. guitars you hate. 

That is funny and true. Cases are for transport and when you need to hydrate them in winter.

Careful what you ask for!! Lol. I should have stated that have an amazing hard shell case where it sits most of the time. I’m looking for a high end gig bag that will serve the purpose of taking this to jams in the neigbourhood, where I walk over, carrying a bunch of crap. So I need the backpack straps. 

I have a Gator gig bag that is crazy padded for my Martin and I bet it would easily withstand a drop — not that I want to risk it!!

Blue Heron is an example of what I’m looking for, but perhaps something a little less expensive. Thanks!!!

My Gibson Blues King L-00  came with a gig bag.  I  prefer hard cases and got a Gibson hardshell L-00 case.  The gig bag now houses a cheap Yamaha nylon string classical guitar.  I'm guessing your B-25 would fit in one of these Blues King bags if you can find one.

Edited by northcntryblues

10 hours ago, Dave F said:

It came with my L00

Ah! It's the same case that came with my L-OO Legend. I didn't know it would fit the LG so well, although it looks a bit tight in the upper bout.

So, what does your L-OO live in now?

I have a Gibson lc-3 caldera that came with a hard case that I store it in,  but I bought the small body reunion blues gig bag to take it out of the house.  It wasn’t a cheap bag (about $120) but I think it’s a great bag. I disagree with the folks who are saying it won’t protect the guitar. It protects the guitar very well.      It is way more comfortable to carry than a hard case and I believe it provides more than adequate protection. Nice storage compartment.  I would recommend it. 

21 minutes ago, Mime said:

I have a Gibson lc-3 caldera that came with a hard case that I store it in,  but I bought the small body reunion blues gig bag to take it out of the house.  It wasn’t a cheap bag (about $120) but I think it’s a great bag. I disagree with the folks who are saying it won’t protect the guitar. It protects the guitar very well.      It is way more comfortable to carry than a hard case and I believe it provides more than adequate protection. Nice storage compartment.  I would recommend it. 

Yeah but here's the thing how far you actually walking with the guitar in the case. I don't think you're walking 15 miles to a gig. You're probably taking your guitar out of the house or rehearsal  space, putting it in the van or the car, driving to where you're going to play, and then walking it in to where you set up. Yes a gig bag is lighter, but my nice stuff goes in cases.

Since everyone ignored your question, you are looking for a case marketed for a traditional classical guitar. The bodies are the same size. I have a Wolfpak soft-side case and a classic plywood case and swap my LG-0 and classical between them as I feel like it.

• Thanks 1

Good to see another taking his request serious.  However, as I mentioned in my earlier post, he should be careful about buying just any classical guitar size gig bag for a B-25.  Though their  bodies are similar, a traditional classical guitar has 12 frets to the neck while a B-25 has 14 frets to the neck and many traditional classical guitar size gig bags will be too short for a B-25.  They are interchangeable only if it is a gig bag that does not fit a classical guitar snug, because the neck portion would be too short for the B-25.  (My classical guitar’s gig bag does not fit my LG-1 for this reason.)    Double check the measurements of your guitar against any gig bag being considered to ensure it’s length is adequate for your B25.  FYI, the gig bag link  I provided in my earlier post will fit a B-25 (you can use its measurements as a guide if you do not like that particular bag.  The measurements are shown somewhere in the link. )

QM aka “ Jazzman” Jeff

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leonard McCoy said:

This is just me but, personally, I always stuff my high-end guitars in trash bags from Costco. If it's not from Costco's though, it's trash.

That is a well protected guitar, Tony Polecastro would be proud.

Watch "Why THIS $1600 Guitar Case is Worth Every Penny ★ Acoustic Tuesday 144" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/6TrhLDY-ctg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 hours ago, pohatu771 said:

Since everyone ignored your question, you are looking for a case marketed for a traditional classical guitar. The bodies are the same size. I have a Wolfpak soft-side case and a classic plywood case and swap my LG-0 and classical between them as I feel like it.

Gotta love guitar forums!! Anyway, I appreciate the concern for my instrument. I’m confident that a well padded gig bag will be just fine for my needs. I’ve been using one with my Martin (even taking time gigs) and it’s no problem. The Gator case I’m using is really solid and doesn’t bend at all. 

I don’t buy guitars to preserve them to perfection (though, many do and that’s cool). I buy them to play them and do take very good care (humidify, etc). Bottom line — for me, if it’s easier to carry around (and I play it more), then I’ll take my chances. 

My grandparents had plastic overs over the couches to protect them from wear. Needless to say, I would have just ripped the plastic off and enjoyed it. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Leonard McCoy said:

This is just me but, personally, I always stuff my high-end guitars in trash bags from Costco. If it's not from Costco's though, it's trash.

I prefer the biodegradable ones at Whole Foods