Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my GaryMoore BFG today *Loads of pics*

kelv_w

Mine finally arrived!

Despite what everyone says... I love the tone and (lack of) looks of it.

BFG_000.jpg

BFG_00.jpg

BFG_00a.jpg

BFG_0b.jpg

BFG_01.jpgBFG_002.jpg

BFG_08.jpg

BFG_02.jpg

BFG_001.jpg

BFG_06.jpg

BFG_06a.jpg

BFG_06b.jpg

Despite looking textured, it's pretty 'smooth' on the surface

BFG_07.jpg

Matches the amp and cab

BFG_13.jpg

Good to see another BFG owner here. Very nice, I do think it'd look better with distressed hardware though, just to keep it BFG. I really like the grain showing through, it gives it a little more character. It's a beautiful color and it looks awesome next to the Orange Amp. It looks like they got rid of the groove that is on the side of the neck that the old BFGs had. I also noticed the truss cover, a store on eBay sells customized truss rod covers, I was thinking of getting one with my name on it. Congratulations, enjoy it.

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum. Nice BFG I had picked up the same Gary Moore BFG last sunday myself. I love the look with the lemonburst finish almost makes it look like snake scales congrats on an amazing sounding LP.:P

I do quite like the blue ink stain but I could not find one in the uk and this one came up. Glad I got it :- managed to snag one for a really good deal during pre-order but it's all gone up almost £300 now =P~ The groove on the sides are still there and looks pretty rough (maybe it's the shadows that you can't see in the photos).

Gibson decided to put a cover for the P90s and various other knobs which saves me to purchase one from fleabay. :-# Aesthetics aside, it's a pretty fun guitar to play and I see myself playing it more often.

Thundergod: thanks again, I do animation/lecturing for a living but have passion for photography

Still dont understand why the hell the knobs are designed like that...

2 independant volume knobs, a three way selector (which acts like a killswitch if you turn down the volume on the neck or bridge)... and they got rid of a tone knob for a killswitch...

Pretty guitar thou, i personally would get rid of the killswitch and make things a bit more traditional down in the knobs...

Beautiful! congrats!!!

GM BFG was my second choice after the Les Paul Push-Tone, which i recently bought.

But now that i m looking at your photos i am thinking of spending an extra 1000 to get this one too!

The fretboard looks very different / nice without inlays, although i think i would have trouble of quickly identifying frets at dark/low light environments (e.g. live show)

The fretboard looks very different / nice without inlays' date=' although i think i would have trouble of quickly identifying frets at dark/low light environments (e.g. live show)[/quote']

It still has the fret markers on the sides, so it really wouldn't be all that difficult.

You'll soon quickly forget about GM once you pick up the guitar. =D>

Initially I was worried about getting my fingers in the right place without the inlays but it all came naturally. Damn I felt I have neglected my month old Standard now

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum. Nice BFG I had picked up the same Gary Moore BFG last sunday myself. I love the look with the lemonburst finish almost makes it look like snake scales congrats on an amazing sounding LP.=D>

Lets see some pics to compare...

Archived