Gibson Brands Forums

Last time you've splurged or overspent on a product

saturn

12 hours ago, Retired said:

I would have had to travel at least to Texas to throw it in the bay, Lol. I was going to sell it but would not have wanted the next person to deal with something like that.  My gunsmith retired and there's really not a good one left around here.  I did find another one recently but I have another gun I want him to fix first.  After The Black Hawk goes in to be fixed, I want some parts to be case-hardened. 

I have a super Blackhawk.44 mag that would only shoot if you pointed the barrel straight up, I had my friend who had a FFL send it to Ruger and they repaired it for free. So maybe that would work for you Butch.

27 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I'm not big on guns either, but I can understand the appeal.

When I was a kid, we all thought the German Luger was a cool looking gun.  But I've been told they were pretty much unreliable.

Whitefang

WF, I used to shoot mine pretty regular..... not so often in the last 25 years or so.... never jammed on me, or missfired.... wasn't too accurate, and didn't pack the punch a .45 does, (I carried a .45 when I was in 'Nam, but never owned one).

Edited by DanvillRob

2 1/2 years ago  I left the cardiologists with a heart monitor taped to my chest. thought I'd had a heart attack. drove straight to my friends music store n bought a Custom shop 335 I had been drooling over for 5 years. it had a Custom Shop price tag. I was certain that would show up on the heart monitor ...

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Karloff said:

drove straight to my friends music store n bought a Custom shop 335 I had been drooling over for 5 years. bought it. had a Custom Shop price tag. I was certain that would show up on the heart monitor ...

Then the bill from the cardiologist came in the mail, and the cycle started all over again!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Since this thread morphed into one about guns....I am certainly no collector, but I acquired a "Ball & Eagle" German WWII 9MM.   As far as I can tell, it's a "numbers matching" piece.   Someone dated it for me once...but I forget when he said it was made...but I think 1943.   I was offered $1K for it back in the 80's.

Cool. I have a Police Officers carry gun that is a Colt .22 that was released in 1908 and used by police till 1927. It is in perfect condition.  James, Debbies uncle had it and her aunt grabbed it before I could. She was going to use it for home defense when I scolded her, telling her that, "You don't use antiques like that!" Anyway, I have it now amongst many others. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I have a super Blackhawk.44 mag that would only shoot if you pointed the barrel straight up, I had my friend who had a FFL send it to Ruger and they repaired it for free. So maybe that would work for you Butch.

I could try? It doesn't bother me to pay.  I did send back my Thompson machine gun once, and they repaired  it free. Kept jamming before and now shoots great.  I don't shoot it anymore because it draws a big crowd and everyone wants to sample it a few rounds. 

I for one cannot find one good reason why I need a gun in my house. I don’t have to hunt for my food, probably won’t get the upper hand on some home invader… what do I want to kill that makes me have to own a gun? I’d rather buy a new guitar and talk about guitars on a guitar forum… just saying this for all the freedom fighters out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

You stated your position. There is nothing to be gained by anyone offering a rebuttal. 

No I get it. Just not digging the conversation discussing tools made to kill things. The rules here talk about violence not permitted but it’s ok to flirt with that talking about tools that can be used to act out violence?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I for one cannot find one good reason why I need a gun in my house. I don’t have to hunt for my food, probably won’t get the upper hand on some home invader… what do I want to kill that makes me have to own a gun? I’d rather buy a new guitar and talk about guitars on a guitar forum… just saying this for all the freedom fighters out there. 

I own a 9mm. Not for show or to be cool. I own it because if someone does come in to my house intending to do me or my family harm at least I may have a chance.

I would like to go to the grocery store and hunt some milk cartons.

P.S. I am not the Sad Emoji Fairy.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I own a 9mm. Not for show or to be cool. I own it because if someone does come in to my house intended to do me or my family harm at least I may have a chance.

I would like to go to the grocery store band hunt some milk cartons.

Well good luck with that. I work in defense TBH and I support the military as well as law enforcement. I don’t understand why - like others I know - they have tons of guns. It’s like a disease because these gun owners are the ones that have other questionable beliefs why they need them… It’s like they are diseased in the brain…

4 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Well good luck with that. I work in defense TBH and I support the military as well as law enforcement. I don’t understand why - like others I know - they have tons of guns. It’s like a disease because these gun owners are the ones that have other questionable beliefs why they need them… It’s like they are diseased in the brain…

I guess you could smack the assailant with a guitar if one breaks into your domicile.

I was in the military for 23 years, the only time I held a gun was when we shot at the range in boot camp.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

No I get it. Just not digging the conversation discussing tools made to kill things. The rules here talk about violence not permitted but it’s ok to flirt with that talking about tools that can be used to act out violence?

Admin suggests you stated your opinion and should leave it at that, not inviting arguments from those who disagree.   Yet,  you persisted.    So, like the good Sgt.,  I'll play.    Shutting down discussions you don't like, using the excuse that we are 'flirting with tools than CAN be used to act out violence'....      is the same as saying   "He mentioned a Band Saw, I don't like building cabinetry, so this conversation should be shut down."      Sort of a back door way of suppressing Free Speech.   WHOOPS !    Is that political?  or is it religious?   Doesn't that law also encourage freedom to associate with others?    It's very confusing.   

And I'm not the sad emoji fairy either.  Gave those up for Lent.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

The conversation on a forum doesn’t align with your personal convictions so we shouldn’t have this conversation.  Got it. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fortyearspickn said:

Admin suggests you stated your opinion and should leave it at that, not inviting arguments from those who disagree.   Yet,  you persisted.    So, like the good Sgt.,  I'll play.    Shutting down discussions you don't like, using the excuse that we are 'flirting with tools than CAN be used to act out violence'....      is the same as saying   "He mentioned a Band Saw, I don't like building cabinetry, so this conversation should be shut down."      Sort of a back door way of suppressing Free Speech.   WHOOPS !    Is that political?  or is it religious?   Doesn't that law also encourage freedom to associate with others?    It's very confusing.   

And I'm not the sad emoji fairy either.  Gave those up for Lent.  

Post that on the UMGF, they want the info too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ksdaddy said:

The conversation on a forum doesn’t align with your personal convictions so we shouldn’t have this conversation.  Got it. 

It was a line from one of her songs. Since you were so in love with her I thought maybe you got lucky.

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I guess you could smack the assailant with a guitar if one breaks into your domicile.

I was in the military for 23 years, the only time I held a gun was when we shot at the range in boot camp.

I will give any thing I own to some criminal. It’s not worth my life. And no one is going to randomly decide to murder me or enter my home without knowing what they are after ahead of time. I’m that case use your head. With all the state surveillance today no one gets away with anything these days. I even have my own security system which isn’t a gun. Good luck entering my home and damaging the evidence… see if you can find the hard drive without burning the place down… there is a such thing as a cloud service too…