Gibson Brands Forums

RAMS vs BENGALS

duane v

We are so looking forward to this one. My Dad and I went to our first Rams game at the Coliseum in 1969, and it was against the 49ers (friggin John Brodie lit us up that day).

Anywhoo hope we can play a clean game, because the last two have been really sketchy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it just me or you seem like almost every game in the playoffs came down to bad decisions and bad clock management and that ended of their season.

In the AFC game,  it was more like the Chiefs packed it in after the first half, but Bengals hadn't even gotten started yet.

That was a bit of a surprise ending there for sure.  Even Tony Romo, the GENIUS he is had it all put away,  ya know,, gets me thinkin   When I go to get my next job, I want Romo's agent as my recruiter.  THAT guy is MONEY!!  and Romo is a moron..

Edited by kidblast

1 minute ago, kidblast said:

In the AFC game,  it was more like the Chiefs packed it in after the first half, but Bengals hadn't even gotten started yet.

That was a bit of a surprise ending there for sure.  Even Tony Romo, the GENIUS he is, ..   When I get my next job, I want Romo's agent as my recruiter.  THAT guy is MONEY!!  and Romo is a moron..

Romo has way to big a man crush on #12.

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it just me or you seem like almost every game in the playoffs came down to bad decisions and bad clock management and that ended of their season.

McVay is the king of poor timeout and red-zone play calling management. He's lucky the Rams have a boat load talent.

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Peter or Roman?

In any of your jaunts up and down the coast, you could drop of your M-36 with me I’ll treat it real nice.

No problem at all.  It could help you decide to buy one!

rct

8 hours ago, saturn said:

I don't have much preference who wins. I'm mainly looking for a good game and hope there's a 5 in Bengals score and a 1 in Ram's for my pool.

It's the only thing I miss about work.  It was a delight to toss too much money at some game I knew nothing about and probably wasn't even going to watch, and the smack talk that went with it.  Them guys would just crack me up with endless poking at each other about the upcoming big game.  I gotta kick out of it.  The college ones with all the colleges in a hat was a real hoot.

rct

50 minutes ago, rct said:

It's the only thing I miss about work.  It was a delight to toss too much money at some game I knew nothing about and probably wasn't even going to watch, and the smack talk that went with it.  Them guys would just crack me up with endless poking at each other about the upcoming big game.  I gotta kick out of it.  The college ones with all the colleges in a hat was a real hoot.

rct

Sounds like you were talking about guitar forum members too.

If the Bengals defensive back field can shut down LA's receivers like they did against the Chiefs they should win.  Chiefs moved the ball fairly easily throwing short routes in the first half.  Seemed like they had 2nd and 1 all the time.  In the second half Mahomes was scrambling around like crazy but couldn't find anyone to throw to.  I don't think Hill caught a pass in the second half.  Hopefully it will be a good game.

Seemed like the refs weren't calling much in the LA/Frisco game I saw a lot of late hits and crack-backs that weren't called.  Doesn't make sense that the rules go out the window in the biggest games? 

Here's a good rule change.  On an extra point or a field goal, if there is a roughing the kicker foul the team almost always takes the points (assuming the kick was good) and then they kick off from 15 yards further up the field.  When they kick off from the normal spot they kick into the end zone 99% of the time and the ball comes out to the 25.  With the penalty they just kick it 15 yards further out of the end zone.  So it's like no penalty at all.  Instead, the 15 yards should be assessed from where the ensuing kick off is returned to.  If it's a touchback, it comes out to the 25, then the 15 yard penalty and you go back to the 10 yard line.  If you return it to the 30 yard line it goes back to the 15 and so on.

Right now I don't understand why when a team scores their first touchdown you don't just go in there and kill the kicker.  Break his leg or his ankle.  You're still going to get the ball on the 25 yard line after the touchback, but the kicker won't be available to beat you at the end of the game with a 50 yard field goal.   

Edited by Twang Gang

15 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Seemed like the refs weren't calling much in the LA/Frisco game I saw a lot of late hits and crack-backs that weren't called.  Doesn't make sense that the rules go out the window in the biggest games? 

Refs turn the other way when your not a so called National Treasure. 

On 1/31/2022 at 1:50 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Championship games generally come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.  There are the exception to this rule, like when the championship game is a bloiw out.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:11 AM, Whitefang said:

I really don't care who wins either.  But if pressed, I'd hope a win for the Rams, as quarterback Stafford, once with Detroit, does finally deserve to be on a big winning team after wasting too many years in Detroit.

Whitefang

Yes, I concur.  You know we are jinxing it though, right? 😁

Everyone else, this is the closest a Lions fan will get to the SB.  Not that I am a Lions fan...  That's neither here nor there, just hoping to see an entertaining game with the fellas. 

And to add about Brady, happy for a 7-time SB champion that he has decided to officially retire.  It's gonna be hard for anyone to match up with that, but whatever...  Love him or hate him, he's a great QB and has given me some great games to watch.  You could never count him out which was what I liked the most about watching him. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, Twang Gang said:

Right now I don't understand why when a team scores their first touchdown you don't just go in there and kill the kicker.  Break his leg or his ankle.  You're still going to get the ball on the 25 yard line after the touchback, but the kicker won't be available to beat you at the end of the game with a 50 yard field goal.   

Wow. Interesting way to look at it. 🙂