Gibson Brands Forums

angry vile posting

jvi

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I walk a good deal. 

On returning home, I don't notice any need to p ee until I get the door key out... (no that's not a metaphor)

I try to walk a mile each morning.... usually after 3 cups of coffee.... and sometimes I can barely park my truck in the garage and get in the house  to 'relieve myself', (trying to keep this PG13).

There sure seems to be a lot of pent-up anger in some people....maybe it's all related.....maybe they're just full of "Pi$$ & Vinegar"!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

There sure seems to be a lot of pent-up anger in some people....maybe it's all related.....maybe they're just full of "Pi$$ & Vinegar"!

It's the internet. Put all these people in one room and there will be little or no venom.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

It's the internet. Put all these people in one room and there will be little or no venom.

I agree..... And most of it isn't anger.... it's just sarcasm for the most part... If we were all sitting around a camp fire with our Hondo II Les Paul copies we would more than likely be laughing our asses off.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’d smoke a bowl with that guy any time. And listen to the Grateful Dead too.

Oh man.... I quite smoking that stuff at 14.... I just couldn't play any instrument when high..... Now completely drunk, no affect whatsoever.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

Ain't that the truth!

Most vile posters wouldn't say $hit if they had a mouthful!

And.....we've lost the ability to laugh at people, situations or even ourselves.

When I was in college, I had a public speaking class..... I gave several speeches.... and one was on Polish Jokes.... The teacher said, "I just want  you to know...before you start...that I'm Polish"   I said, "That's okay....I'll tell them slow!"

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, duane v said:

Oh man.... I quite smoking that stuff at 14.... I just couldn't play any instrument when high..... Now completely drunk, no affect whatsoever.

I quit several months before I joined the Navy, and then started again when I retired from active duty in  2011. When I smoke and play I know I'm bad, but I'm not performing for anyone. As drugs go its not addictive, and is now seen as medicine for some people, unlike the others including alcohol. I do not think there is one weed related death on record yet. I could be wrong. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

When I was in college, I had a public speaking class..... I gave several speeches.... and one was on Polish Jokes.... The teacher said, "I just want  you to know...before you start...that I'm Polish"   I said, "That's okay....I'll tell them slow!"

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

Ain't that the truth!

Most vile posters wouldn't say $hit if they had a mouthful!

And.....we've lost the ability to laugh at people, situations or even ourselves.

I would ask my wife about the inappropriate stuff I say while in public. "Joel you know you are talking out loud and people can hear you". I do, I didn't say it to not be heard.

19 minutes ago, duane v said:

Age 14, 15, yep. All giggles and ZZ Top. Later on it was paranoia so I gave it up. My first (late) wife smoked like her name was Chong. 6 am was no problem. It was the center of her universe. Yes, me and the kids were outside that center.  Distant second. Cheated on me regularly for a bag. Not easy being a cuckold. I dabbled in it as a supplement to pain meds in 2007 when I was cane-ridden with sciatica. Worked great. Felt like a million bucks. After I was off the pain meds, I lit up and sat on the tailgate of my pickup with a Seagull. I kept hitting the B string over and over for like 25 minutes because it sounded weird. I can't remember dabbling since then. Nothing against it.

33 minutes ago, duane v said:

good for you. I was just the opposite.  I quit drinking at 16 because of a death of a friend. nowadays I do enjoy a couple beers & a shot of Jack. nothing in excess. but back in the day we rolled out of the band van from break with smoke billowing out.  one gig in 1978 the bassist & I actually ate a hit of blotter an hour before the gig.  that was an interesting night to say the least.  lol. I gave up everything in '94 ...  with the exception of the aforementioned few beers & Jack ...

3 minutes ago, Karloff said:

good for you. I was just the opposite.  I quit drinking at 16 because of a death of a friend. nowadays I do enjoy a couple beers & a shot of Jack. nothing in excess. but back in the day we rolled out of the band van from break with smoke billowing out.  one gig in 1978 the bassist & I actually ate a hit of blotter an hour before the gig.  that was an interesting night to say the least.  lol. I gave up everything in '94 ...  with the exception of the aforementioned few beers & Jack ...

If you watch the doc The Other One, about Bob Weir, he said one year, and I can't remember the year, but he dropped acid every Saturday night. He says you just learn to go with it.

Nothing wrong with weed.  It's cigarettes that I am more against.  I can quit weed no problem, but quitting cigarettes is much more difficult and to boot the cost today to buy a pack.  I remember when packs were dirt cheap, but even then, watching people die from years of cigarette use is not pleasant.  Said it before here, if you want to be like my grandma who spent the last few years of her life taking a crap in her family room on an oxygen machine that has a tube that follows you around every room, keep lighting up...  If you want to be like my wife's father who died without a voice box and COPD, light 'em up. 

The government tells us what we can and can't do, yet the FDA allows us to be served the foods we eat that kill us just as slow IMHO.  They ban weed, but allow us to consume alcohol - which is arguably more damaging - and cigarettes.  In the end, always comes down to dollars and cents.  Follow the money... 

And weed isn't a healthy choice, but I believe that it isn't as harmful as the 2 other things I mentioned.  Not talking about those that smoke and drive, but focus on physical health effects.  Yeah, weed can cause some cognitive declines in certain ways, no doubt...  Again, not promoting weed use here, just saying that I am one of those that says if we have booze and cigarettes, WTF is wrong with weed...  Mostly, the govt. telling you what's good for you and what isn't.  I like to ponder this over all the ultra-processed food I consume that is regarded as GRAS.  Ya know, like fructose, sodium nitrate...  Nothing like pop and hot dogs...  Again, this kills you about as fast as a cigarette smoker IMHO.  Good food int' easy to come by. 

2 hours ago, saturn said:

I'm not weighing in on anything one way or the other here.  I just think this is funny for funny sake, related to what the video you posted talks about.

In the 88 Presidential primary election, Biden's blatant lying about his education and degrees, ( he even lied about which school he attended) was deemed by the Democrat party leaders as the end to his career. 

Even left leaning editors and opinion writers warned other democrats to distance themselves from him.

What saved his career was the Clinton scandals. Biden laid low in the Senate for the next term then when the press was focused on taking Clinton down, he brought forth his crime fighting bill,  three strike laws and the move to crush the crack cocaine epidemic that was the main driving force behind street gand violence, laws that are now viewed by Black social justice warriors as the most racist laws on the books. 

This is as vile as I get. Reminding others of history.  

Edited by jaxson50

5 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Nothing wrong with weed.  It's cigarettes that I am more against.  I can quit weed no problem, but quitting cigarettes is much more difficult and to boot the cost today to buy a pack.  I remember when packs were dirt cheap, but even then, watching people die from years of cigarette use is not pleasant.  Said it before here, if you want to be like my grandma who spent the last few years of her life taking a crap in her family room on an oxygen machine that has a tube that follows you around every room, keep lighting up...  If you want to be like my wife's father who died without a voice box and COPD, light 'em up. 

The government tells us what we can and can't do, yet the FDA allows us to be served the foods we eat that kill us just as slow IMHO.  They ban weed, but allow us to consume alcohol - which is arguably more damaging - and cigarettes.  In the end, always comes down to dollars and cents.  Follow the money... 

And weed isn't a healthy choice, but I believe that it isn't as harmful as the 2 other things I mentioned.  Not talking about those that smoke and drive, but focus on physical health effects.  Yeah, weed can cause some cognitive declines in certain ways, no doubt...  Again, not promoting weed use here, just saying that I am one of those that says if we have booze and cigarettes, WTF is wrong with weed...  Mostly, the govt. telling you what's good for you and what isn't.  I like to ponder this over all the ultra-processed food I consume that is regarded as GRAS.  Ya know, like fructose, sodium nitrate...  Nothing like pop and hot dogs...  Again, this kills you about as fast as a cigarette smoker IMHO.  Good food int' easy to come by. 

Edibles are an alternative to inhaling. I think at least 20 states, of course at state level (the Feds say they wont intervene, till they put a tax on it for their cut) have legal weed now. VA is one. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you watch the doc The Other One, about Bob Weir, he said one year, and I can't remember the year, but he dropped acid every Saturday night. He says you just learn to go with it.

yep, I watched that.    that night everything went ok.  there were a few times when I suddenly realized I was 2/3 of the way through the song. but no one was looking at me like  WTF ?. the bassist & I had a good laugh ...

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Edibles are an alternative to inhaling. I think at least 20 states, of course at state level (the Feds say they wont intervene, till they put a tax on it for their cut) have legal weed now. VA is one. 

Vaproization works well - not the PG vape stuff.  Think volcano with the balloon... 

38 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

True. Though if alcohol and tobacco were something new, they would be banned (at first anyway). We take responsibility for our health choices. I drink more than I should but very rarely get drunk. I quit smoking 15 years ago, but if I learned my number was up, I'd probably buy a pack again.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

Someone quite close to me took a bite of an edible and nothing happened. Or seemingly so.

So that person took another bite.

Don't do that.

a good friend of mine has Parkinsons.  he's never done any drugs. likes his Scotch though. I had a friend make him a few pot brownies because we've seen youtube videos where it helps with the tremors.  he said he took a bite. after a 1/2 hr didn't feel anything. so he ate the entire cookie. 10 mins later it kicked in. his tremors stopped. but he said he also couldn't get up off the couch. lol

• Haha 1