Gibson Brands Forums

angry vile posting

jvi

12 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Not condoning that behavior at all. But look at their reasons... a reaction to unnecessary force against black men resulting in the repeated deaths of unarmed black men. No matter how you frame it, that is just wrong. If you want to compare that to the riot on the capitol, rioters were trying to change the results of a popular democratic and electoral college vote based on the lies of an authoritarian president. That was a seditionist insurrection against fairly elected new president and administration. Court after court, recount after recount has confirmed that. If you believe otherwise, you are being scammed.

'bad behavior'     burning down police stations, court houses, looting for 100+ days.  By people of all races. 

'unnecessary force....repeated deaths of unarmed black men'  in one year,  you can count on one hand the number of blacks killed by police when it was judged to not be 'unnecessary'.   It's called Self Defense - like Kyle Rittenhouse -  when someone, regardless of their race  tries to kill you. 

'seditionist insurrection'    I'm not condoning that behavior at all ...   but it was a protest.  No one was armed. No one was killed except one of the protesters.    

'Recount after recount'  the language is, as used by former AG Barr - 'There was not WIDESPREAD voter fraud.'.    

Oh - and       "I find it interesting that fortyyears and txogre chose Blacks and Black policy to attack while there are so many other policies and activities to complain about."     We were not the ones who first brought up  "Black policy".   Whatever that is.    I could say I find it interesting you brought up Jan.6th. 

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Our government has never lied to us, I believe that.

You're kidding, right?

Not only did our government spray us with Agent Orange, but lied to us for decades that it caused a multitude of ailments to us and our progeny.

Our government lied to us about having PROOF that President Trump colluded with Russia to  sway the election... they didn't have 'proof' and couldn't even come up a single piece of evidence that was illegal.

Of course, there's the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.... PROOF Saddam Hussein had 'weapons of mass destruction'...and on...and on...and on....

Edited by DanvillRob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

'I could say I find it interesting you brought up Jan.6th. 

I brought it up because BLM riots are commonly referenced by right wing nuts when people bring Jan. 6, as if 1/6 was justifiable.  Notice I didn't bring up QAnon.

Edit: "'seditionist insurrection'    I'm not condoning that behavior at all ...   but it was a protest.  No one was armed. No one was killed except one of the protesters. " Well, supposedly there were two bombs placed outside of party headquarters that were defused. And the one "protester" who was shot was attempting to force her way into a chamber where votes were being counted in order to change the outcome of a constitutional, democratic election. It is a blessing no one else was shot. I find it amazing that police showed such restraint when you consider over 100 were treated for injuries by "protesters."   

Edited by zigzag
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

You're kidding, right?

Not only did our government spray us with Agent Orange, but lied to us for decades that it caused a multitude of ailments to us and our progeny.

Our government lied to us about having PROOF that President Trump colluded with Russia to  sway the election... they didn't have 'proof' and couldn't even come up a single piece of evidence that was illegal.

Of course, there's the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.... PROOF Saddam Hussein had 'weapons of mass destruction...and on...and on...and on....

You know I am. Our Government is in it for themselves aka,  the rich elite that have enough money to get elected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You know I am. Our Government is in it for themselves aka,  the rich elite that have enough money to get elected.

Anyone who believes damn near ANYTHING our government says is naive, (in my opinion).

However, I'll say this...one of the Forum members lives in Bulgaria...we were talking the other day, (not in the Forum) and he said, "You live in the 'winner's world', we (Bulgarians) live in the loser's world."   So, all things considered....I'll stay here with our lying sacks of $hit politicians.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

Friday night I bought an original prop from Gilligan's Island. 

I also have an opportunity to buy a coconut cup from the set that Bob Denver kept weed in. Pricey though.

s-l1600.jpg

That will go great with your dress. Kidding - cool. I want the phone that stores weed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

49 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I brought it up because BLM riots are commonly referenced by right wing nuts when people bring Jan. 6, as if 1/6 was justifiable.  Notice I didn't bring up QAnon.

I respectfully disagree,  I am by no measure a red neck. Before the Jan. 6th riots, I was disappointed with the handling of the multiple riots sweeping this country and the unwillingness of the elected officials from those cities.   Peaceful demonstrations? Hardly!  

My greatest concern was that by ignoring the rioting for political gain, let's be honest , that's why the Democrat lead cities wanted to let the burning and pillaging continue,  to create chaos and embarrass the administration. 

I warned people then, the people you refer to as "right wing nuts " were taking inspiration from those left wing radicals that were given free reign to destroy the life's works of others in the name of equality.  When elected officials, when pressed about the never ending mob rule going on in our  cities one referred to it as " the summer of love " 

I was there in 67, actually participated in the Summer of Love,  trust me, killing cops, burning down federal court houses,  forcing businesses to close, smashing windows and stealing everything was not even a possibility in 67.

I like most Americans reside in the middle of the political spectrum.  I'm getting a little tired of having this nation held hostage by radicals from both the right and the left.  Did you really believe those " right wing nuts " were not thinking " if they can get away with this, why can't we ?" 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Where do you think he came up with the phrase, "Dog-Faced Pony Soldier"?

Maybe he was trying to say "dog and pony show' and it was a Freudian Slip.

Now I'm picturing Sigmund in a white slip.

With a big cigar.

If I ever dated AOC and things "progressed", I think it would be hot if she called me Wilbur.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

Maybe he was trying to say "dog and pony show' and it was a Freudian Slip.

Now I'm picturing Sigmund in a white slip.

With a big cigar.

If I ever dated AOC and things "progressed", I think it would be hot if she called me Wilbur.

I swear...that woman could eat corn-on-the-cob through a picket fence!

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How about the best most qualified person for the job? 

Since when does being qualified mean anything? Our last two republican presidents couldn't string together one coherent sentence. 

You guys are a mess. I'm getting out of this circle jerk before I get any on me.

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Since when does being qualified mean anything? Our last two republican presidents couldn't string together one coherent sentence. 

You guys are a mess. I'm getting out of this circle jerk before I get any on me.

Biden can’t remember what he had for breakfast this morning.

Slick Willy used the Oval Office For his own fuk palace.

I guess you want to go see the worst doctor in your area when you have medical issue.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Heh. 
I'm an Independent myself, and have no use whatsoever for either the Republic Party or the Democrat Party. 

But I find the statement regarding the last two Republican Presidents to be intellectually-dishonest. 

Every single US President who has served in my lifetime have all had their strong points and their failings. 
But none of them were dummies. 

Biden is no dummy. 
He is merely habitually-dishonest, and suffers from an alarming degradation of his cognitive abilities due to either old age or early-onset Alzheimers. 

Now AOC, on the other hand, is a dummy. 
The woman is, by all standards and measures, a dim-wit and a fool. 

😐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Elena Kagan.   Appointed to  The United States Supreme Court  by our previous Demo president. Never served a day in her life as a judge.   I guess we can chalk that up to “Diversity”? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Elena Kagan.   Appointed to  The United States Supreme Court  by our previous Demo president. Never served a day in her life as a judge.   I guess we can chalk that up to “Diversity”? 

So what?

Each team always pointing at the other, always screaming at the sky, always with the GOTCHA!!!! about how bad the other team is.

America.

Refusing to look at what is right in front of them, right under their noses:  You are gettin had.  Both teams, all the time, equally as much.  Always.  Them people are screwing you harder than a first night out after three years in the joint guy.  You are getting so hosed in your sit upon it's a wonder you can even stand up.  The last NOT Demo president stuck it so far in your keister your great grand children won't be able to get it out.  But, and it goes for both sides, but, as long as you can GOTCHA!!!! and make the other teams heads explode, it's a victory.  While ignoring the sad, pathetic reality.

America.

rct

Edited by rct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've found that if someone aligns with your political views you tend to give them all the benefits of the doubt, (e.g. HRC had nothing to do with Benghazi, BHO didn't use the IRS/FBI/CIA to go after political enemies, Biden didn't blatantly shake down Ukraine to fire an investigator looking into a company his son was working for, McConnell isn't "in bed" with the Chinese Communist, etc..etc...etc...)  but will give ZERO benefits of the doubt if someone's political views don't line up with theirs, (e.g. Trump violated the emoluments clause of the constitution because he may have considered doing business in Russia, BHO had zero to do with the killing of Saddam Hussein, "W" didn't care about the citizens in New Orleans, etc...etc...etc....).

That's why political debates are virtually worthless.

• Like 1