Gibson Brands Forums

angry vile posting

jvi

This was the first guitar forum I joined over twelve years ago, and was stated earlier, it was brutal back then. But there were also A LOT more active members and a lot more diversity and knowledge. This place is pretty tame in comparison... many members have left or been banned... most of the good ones. If people were banned here that probably should be for breaking rules, there'd be no one left, including me. (I've been threatened in PMs by one former, banned member.) Dang, this place is only a shell of what it used to be, and probably one of the least active of any guitar forum out there (Kiesel might be worse). If it weren't for several active posters here that I like and respect, I wouldn't come around at all. (And I'm certain I wouldn't be missed, not that I even care.)

These days, I only post when I see stuff I can't let slide or I have something I think would be of interest to say, but like a huge majority of members, I've mostly ignored this place. I don't share but one interest with most of you, and that's guitars. And has been stated by a few members in the past, after 12 years of discussing guitars, what's left to say that hasn't already been said.

So bite me. 🙃

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zigzag said:

This was the first guitar forum I joined over twelve years ago, and was stated earlier, it was brutal back then. But there were also A LOT more active members and a lot more diversity and knowledge. This place is pretty tame in comparison... many members have left or been banned... most of the good ones. If people were banned here that probably should be for breaking rules, there'd be no one left, including me. (I've been threatened in PMs by one former, banned member.) Dang, this place is only a shell of what it used to be, and probably one of the least active of any guitar forum out there (Kiesel might be worse). If it weren't for several active posters here that I like and respect, I wouldn't come around at all. (And I'm certain I wouldn't be missed, not that I even care.)

These days, I only post when I see stuff I can't let slide or I have something I think would be of interest to say, but like a huge majority of members, I've mostly ignored this place. I don't share but one interest with most of you, and that's guitars. And has been stated by a few members in the past, after 12 years of discussing guitars, what's left to say that hasn't already been said.

So bite me. 🙃

I still don't think we have pinned down exactly who makes Gibson's strings yet, is it GHS, D'Adarrio ect. Many guesses but no real hard evidence. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, jvi said:

we all should be trying to stop all the BS poor me name calling victim stuff, and like many mothers have said "if you aint got nuttin nice to say... yet around here and the world too many people focus on anger and we are worse for it-its now everywhere....its not ok...

I find things to be more polite in the real world in comparison to social media. But then again some folks when reading on an electronic medium have a tendency to add emotion to words when reading a response when that emotion isn't really there.... Certainly accounting for lack of reading comprehension can contribute.

Certainly the racism stuff I can do without, but let's be honest with ourselves,  we all have imbedded prejudices. I grew up being a half Mexican and half Portuguese kid in the 70's, and some of things people get all bent out of shape about today, didn't bother us one tiny little bit as kids.

I guess humans are evolving with thinner skin.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I still don't think we have pinned down exactly who makes Gibson's strings yet, is it GHS, D'Adarrio ect. Many guesses but no real hard evidence. 

I reckon its the KGB. Floated in by string mule drones to covert mafia parlours. Ever notice how those new guitar strings make your fingers pink? My fingers are certainly pink. Even BB's fingers ended up pink so that proves it.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, probably right. My wife is a Fins fan and wants the owner fired. I said won't happen.

there's a better chance of getting rid of A$$Hats like Schummer and Pelosi in the mid-terms,  (Right, like THAT will happen)

39 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There was some correspondence revealed in the AGF about a year or more ago.

In that there was some kind of email dialogue from CS to who ever was trying to chase it down

That pointed to GHS as the current parent co. for Gibson's rebranded strings.

IIRC.. it WAS D'Addario for a while, but apparently that partnership went by the boards.

26 minutes ago, duane v said:

Certainly the racism stuff I can do without, but let's be honest with ourselves,  we all have imbedded prejudices. I grew up being a half Mexican and half Portuguese kid in the 70's, and some of things people get all bent out of shape about today, didn't bother us one tiny little bit as kids.

We used to think Archie Bunker was a stupid, bad joke, too. Now he's mainstream, and his mentality has become normalized. We also used to think fascism and Naziism was contrary to what we are as Americans. FDR was elected four times. Today, he would be considered a communist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

We used to think Archie Bunker was a stupid, bad joke, too. Now he's mainstream, and his mentality has become normalized. We also used to think fascism and Naziism was contrary to what we are as Americans. FDR was elected four times. Today, he would be considered a communist.

My family enjoyed the sitcom All In The Family.... We thought it was hilarious.... 

I dunno, it seems there are so many interpretations of communism these days, it just seems like it's a mud ball for both sides to throw at each other.

3 hours ago, duane v said:

I find things to be more polite in the real world in comparison to social media. But then again some folks when reading on an electronic medium have a tendency to add emotion to words when reading a response when that emotion isn't really there.... Certainly accounting for lack of reading comprehension can contribute.

This Farce Book, Twitville and Crock Tock, world we now live in is nuts. We live in a world were many have never know a world without cell phones and  have them duct taped to their hands. Its the age of why have 102 people not "liked" my post. I just posted it 2 mins ago. 

And Duane to me if you were born in the USA you are an American no matter what pigment of skin you  do or don't have.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 2/3/2022 at 2:52 PM, jvi said:

you are a rude yank wank- I used to come here to talk and your spew did piss me off  so go to hell and the rest of you can have an angry hate life and I guess have fun with your put downs if it makes you feel better (you arnt )  JVI out.

I don't mean to be a d-ick, but that's a lot of hate against... hate? Bit of a contradiction there. 

Angry Hate Life sounds like a DC hardcore band. 

Edit: wait, not intending to be a d-ick and then being a bit of a d-ick is a bit of a contradiction as well. 

I can live with that, though. 

Edited by Pinch

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And Duane to me if you were born in the USA you are an American no matter what pigment of skin you  do or don't have.

We feel that way, and never felt any different at any point in our lives. I'm a 1st generation American and my parents arrived in the USA in the 1940's.

My parents always told us nothing is perfect, and you can either be a complainer or a doer.... So far it has worked for us.

9 minutes ago, duane v said:

We feel that way, and never felt any different at any point in our lives. I'm a 1st generation American and my parents arrived in the USA in the 1940's.

My parents always told us nothing is perfect, and you can either be a complainer or a doer.... So far it has worked for us.

My ancestors are Czechoslovakian and left when it was one country. I think they left before Germany invaded in the late '30's. I may be 4th or 5th generation. I was lucky enough to have my born in Jersey. That's a joke with lots of emotion you need to read into it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

23 minutes ago, duane v said:

Americans, unless your Native American all came from family's that immigrated.

The problem today is there's no respect for the borders of this country and our own politicians marginalize it for their own political ambitions.   No one complains if it's done right.  Try to sneak into like say,, Mexico from the south and see how that works out..  it wont.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I love my dogs. 

They have kinder hearts and more upright character than most humans. 

Were it not for that whole business of shitting on strangers' lawns and humping indiscriminately, they would be upright citizens. 

😌

fbc523351cce4b426badb78084b7b86f--so-fun

Dropping a loaf on neighbors’ lawns is ok here in Angryville. Cool dog man

• Like 1

I find it amusing that there are so many “Karens” in the world.  On a daily basis, I see or hear something on TV or online that annoys me to no end.  However, my first instinct is not to sob uncontrollably or demand that the source of my aggravation be fired and/or canceled.  Being the maverick that I am, if it’s something on TV, I do something extremely radical: I utter something like, “What an idiot,” pick up my remote control and change the channel to something that doesn’t annoy me.   If it’s something online, I close out the website or app and move on to something else.  No ranting and raving.  No significant elevation of my blood pressure.  No threat of my head exploding.  Yep, certainly some radical thinking.

• Sad 1