Gibson Brands Forums

Will wonders never cease?

SteveFord

I have a collection of concert T-Shirts, that I put on sometimes without thinking about what is on them. Then I go somewhere and people start asking strange questions without me realizing it was related to the shirt. I don't wear my dead face NIrvanana shirt in public anymore.

Edited by mihcmac

23 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I have a collection of concert T-Shirts, that I put on sometimes without thinking about what is on them. Then I go somewhere and people start asking strange questions without me realizing it was related to the shirt. I don't wear my dead face NIrvanana shirt in public anymore.

You better listen to the bands you wear on your shirt, not like the middle schoolers who wear a Metallic shirts cause they think it looks cool.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You better listen to the bands you wear on your shirt, not like the middle schoolers who wear a Metallic shirts cause they think it looks cool.

I have quite a few, but I do listen to them all, There are some that I only hear on the radio.

Edited by mihcmac

I spent $150 on GnR apparel at the Comerica Park concert just because they are awesome! They were in good form last August. When they come back if they do, count me in! Always loved this band. Slash is a guitar hero. 

Now a hoodie around $200 from Gibson seems like “why?” to me. 

Planning on dropping a couple Cnotes at the Testament concert coming up in a couple months. Was delayed because of COVID so really looking forward to another one of my favorite bands of all time. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Planning on dropping a couple Cnotes at the Testament concert coming up in a couple months. Was delayed because of COVID so really looking forward to another one of my favorite bands of all time. 

I saw Testament in '92 when I was stationed in Hawaii. They were damn good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, slimt said:

You buy a Gibson guitar.  A gibson shirt should be a freebee.   You buy multiple New Gibson guitars from your favourite dealer. A Jean Jacket with logo, should be free.   

I'd go further than that. If I'm going to parade around advertising a brand like a sandwich board wearer, I should get paid to do it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

not like the middle schoolers who wear a Metallic shirts cause they think it looks cool.

What's wrong with that???? Isn't it part of our responsibility as old Rockers to pass down the music to the youngsters???? It's no wonder that  metal is in the state it's in today.

I can't even count all the reasons why I did the same thing as a kid.... who doesn't want to be cool middle schooler.

4 minutes ago, duane v said:

What's wrong with that???? Isn't it part of our responsibility as old Rockers to pass down the music to the youngsters???? It's no wonder that  metal is in the state it's in today.

I can't even count all the reasons why I did the same thing as a kid.... who doesn't want to be cool middle schooler.

I don’t listen to 2 Six Packs or Ice Cube Tray, or Snoopy Dog, and I’m certainly not putting their face on a T-shirt I’m gonna wear.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Speaking of silly. Anyone getting married? If you need a ring. Fender has got you covered.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fender-wedding-rings

From a cost savings aspect it's really not a bad idea.... But just imagine you just purchased a $4000 dollar Fender Custom Shop geetar, then a few weeks later you show up with a $600 Fender engagement ring to propose to your girlfriend....... I can't imagine that going over very well.

1 hour ago, duane v said:

From a cost savings aspect it's really not a bad idea.... But just imagine you just purchased a $4000 dollar Fender Custom Shop geetar, then a few weeks later you show up with a $600 Fender engagement ring to propose to your girlfriend....... I can't imagine that going over very well.

Even without the purchase of the guitar, my wife, had I proposed with a Fender ring in my hand, would have showed me( using me) how it worked as a suppository.

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Even without the purchase of the guitar, my wife, had I proposed with a Fender ring in my hand, would have showed me( using me) how it worked as a suppository.

Whitefang

So your wife is pretty anal I guess. You know it was coming.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Speaking of silly. Anyone getting married? If you need a ring. Fender has got you covered.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fender-wedding-rings

hmmm, here, the word 'ring' has a factory floor/blue collar meaning that pretty well reflects  Whitefang's comment. 

So will there be a Squier version? 

If I ever propose to Cherry, I wouldn't even entertain a custom shop option.

WF,     Yep.   When I proposed to my wife, circumstances were such that I used a Cigar Band.  She was not expecting the proposal and was more focused on the question and her answer.   When she said 'Yes',   I assured her I would produce a diamond ring of her choosing on my next weekend "Liberty".   Had to go from Jacksonville to NYC to get the $ and the ring then fly down to Miami to present it to her.   In her eyes, and her parents, that made it 'official'.  Her father announced it and presented my as her 'fiancee'  that night at a party they had already planned.  He was not yet able to pronounce my last name ...   but caught on in time for the wedding 3 months later.    I'm sure you have equally great memories.   

• Like 1

Under our circumstances, the engagement ring wasn't necessary.  After living with her for two years our getting married became understood.  We were already sharing incomes and expenses, so we just kind of pretended that I "bought" her wedding ring, and she "bought" mine.  [wink]  And now 36 years later, most of the in-laws still don't say my last name totally correct. [cool]

CIGAR band, eh?  What kind?

White Owl, or  Phillies?  [wink]

Whitefang

30 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Under our circumstances, the engagement ring wasn't necessary.  After living with her for two years our getting married became understood.  We were already sharing incomes and expenses, so we just kind of pretended that I "bought" her wedding ring, and she "bought" mine.  [wink]  And now 36 years later, most of the in-laws still don't say my last name totally correct. [cool]

CIGAR band, eh?  What kind?

White Owl, or  Phillies?  [wink]

Whitefang

A ring is a symbol and that is it. I have one and never wear it, cause I work with electricity. My wife doesn't wear the one with the diamond on it, and only wears the plain gold band one. It is not some kind of special protection device. 

• Thanks 1