Gibson Brands Forums

Who Ya Got Today In The SB?

Sgt. Pepper

I’m just happy to see friends today and hopefully watch a close game. I hate blowout SBs. And by close game I hope there’s not a game where we see low scoring… those are boring too. And as usual could not care less about the halftime show. Just want to spend time over some good laughs and football action on the tube. 

41 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I’m just happy to see friends today and hopefully watch a close game. I hate blowout SBs. And by close game I hope there’s not a game where we see low scoring… those are boring too. And as usual could not care less about the halftime show. Just want to spend time over some good laughs and football action on the tube. 

I'm a Raider fan, so I despise any team but them. That is why I want a good game and commercials. I will not watch the Rapfest halftime show. 

I'm going next door to watch on my neighbors new 65" TV. We are gonna do wings and chips, dips and salsa, cheese and crackers (he takes his cheese seriously as he is from 'Sconsin and a dirty Packers fan).

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I will listen to it on the radio. 

Since it's Westwood 1, the legendary Kevin Harlan will do the play-by-play , and Boomer Esiason will serve as the color commentator. 
(I don't know where Kurt Warner is gonna be. He's usually outstanding when he calls the game with Kevin Harlan. )
Mark Malone and James Lofton will be the sideline reporters.

UPDATE AT GAME TIME: Kurt Warner is calling the game as well, with all three gentlemen in the booth. I got bad information earlier.

I sort of feel like Cincinnati is going to pull a bit of an upset win. 
Joe Burrow is such a capable young athlete. 

I will happily not be listening to the half-time 'entertainment'. 

😉

5be117b1-774c-531a-b585-c709c3478232

Edited by sparquelito

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I will listen to it on the radio. 

Since it's Westwood 1, the legendary Kevin Harlan will do the play-by-play , and Boomer Esiason will serve as the color commentator. 
(I don't know where Kurt Warner is gonna be. He's usually outstanding when he calls the game with Kevin Harlan. )
Mark Malone and James Lofton will be the sideline reporters.

UPDATE AT GAME TIME: Kurt Warner is calling the game as well, with all three gentlemen in the booth. I got bad information earlier.

I sort of feel like Cincinnati is going to pull a bit of an upset win. 
Joe Burrow is such a capable young athlete. 

I will happily not be listening to the half-time 'entertainment'. 

😉

5be117b1-774c-531a-b585-c709c3478232

I left my Neighbors house next door right when halftime started,  and told him to text me when it’s over, and then I’m gonna go back for the game. You can’t spell c-rap without rap.

SB is an excuse for a party, but my son-in-law is from the Cincinnati area so by default we were rooting for them.  Me, the wife, and other daughter each made a dish to snack on during the game (chili, natchos, and key lime pie).  Had beers, bourbon, and stepped outside with the kid for a super bowl.  A good night indeed.

SB?????????

Oh yeah. That stands for Super Bowl. (yawn).

We are looking after two of our Grandchildren for a week, and the younger one had a hockey game last night that I had to take him to, so thankfully,  I missed the game.

So please, someone, anyone, take two minutes, what the hell, take five if you have to, and tell me allllllll about it. Don't leave out a single detail.

RBSinTo

Don’t know where to start and don’t care who won… etc. it was 100% a s-show. Every second since the tv was on during the SB was about crap start to end. I literally was offended by every second I paid attention to the tv. If I have to elaborate for those that really need an explanation, I have a tldr to write up on this one

it wasn't a bad game, the commercials were "Meh"..

the holding penalty with under 2 minutes left was a horrendous call by the officials.  with everything else they let go, to call that was just ridiculous.

But that's the NFL for ya

About the Halftime show ... best if I leave that as no comment.

Overall an average game IMO. I had no real favorite but it was nice to see Stafford get a ring after all these years, 

My neighbor and I went back and forth between our houses also had some beer, bourbon (Basil Hayden's) and snacks. He won a few hundred on a pool. I was in a group text with another bunch of buddies and some of them thought the HT show was incredible. I replied that it was some of the best talking I've ever seen.      

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

SB?????????

Oh yeah. That stands for Super Bowl. (yawn).

We are looking after two of our Grandchildren for a week, and the younger one had a hockey game last night that I had to take him to, so thankfully,  I missed the game.

So please, someone, anyone, take two minutes, what the hell, take five if you have to, and tell me allllllll about it. Don't leave out a single detail.

RBSinTo

Has you country had its Grey Cup yet? I saw The BC Lions play The Edmonton Eskimos when I was on my honeymoon in Vancouver.

Cincinnati had the game almost all locked up, and then they gave the ball to the Rams, and they did that prevent defence and let them get huge chunks of yards and it was game over. They announced during  the game last night, that all the schools in Cincinnati were gonna have the day off today. I wonder if there’s going to be places where they hand out boxes of Kleenex.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

Yes, that game was played some weeks ago.

No idea who played or who won.

RBSinTo

Me either. I have an Edmonton Eskimo’s, and Hamilton Tigercat’s ball cap and a Toronto Argo’s Jersey of “Pinball” Clemons. I think he was #23. I’ll have to look at my jersey.