Gibson Brands Forums

Iconic or Ionic or Maybe Doric

badbluesplayer

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure where the irony would be on  a set of pup rings?

It's because I don't know the differatation between iconic and ironic.  I think they call it a malapropisn't or something.  😁

They do look nice tho, huh?

Edited by badbluesplayer

7 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

It's because I don't know the differatation between iconic and ironic.  I think they call it a malapropisn't or something.  😁

They do look nice tho, huh?

I’ve used curved one s when I built a few.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Serious question!  What are pickup rings and are they only on electrics?

not rings actually... they be rectangular pieces of plastic  surrounding the pickup, a cosmetic dress-up if you will

and yes, only on electrics,  and mostly with humbuckers..

they look good BBP!

Edited by kidblast
  • Thanks 1

The new Les Paul is awesome.  I think I've finally found the right one.  It's just super nice.  Everything about it...

Gibson, though, needs to find something for the one-eyed guys to do other than installing the trussrod covers.  😆

I've said this before, I think a bunch of pirates got caught in the Gulf of Mexico and they all had no left eye, and the next thing you know they kept turning right until they ended up in Nashville at the Gibson plant.

F6BaynT.jpg

Edited by badbluesplayer
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, badbluesplayer said:

The new Les Paul is awesome.  I think I've finally found the right one.  It's just super nice.  Everything about it...

Gibson, though, needs to find something for the one-eyed guys to do other than installing the trussrod covers.  😆

I've said this before, I think a bunch of pirates got caught in the Gulf of Mexico and they all had no left eye, and the next thing you know they kept turning right until they ended up in Nashville at the Gibson plant.

F6BaynT.jpg

Really. I would think those things were done by CNC. :-k

18 hours ago, saturn said:

Really. I would think those things were done by CNC. :-k

They still have to line up the trussrod cover by eye and - I guess - hold it while they mark the screw holes.   Maybe it was quitting time and the guy had to keep one eye on the clock. 

5 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

They still have to line up the trussrod cover by eye and - I guess - hold it while they mark the screw holes.   Maybe it was quitting time and the guy had to keep one eye on the clock. 

Could have been the Cyclops from Jason And The Argonauts.