Gibson Brands Forums

Dammit where’s at the airport thread.

Mr. Gibson

I read that thread a couple days ago and as I recall your wife did a lot of work for one of the bands and got back stage access to a big multi band concert in Vegas, and then you were going to California to visit a fellow forumite.  I don't know what it could possibly have evolved into, but there was certainly nothing in it when I read it that was worthy of being deleted.  And just to be clear, Pinch, I am very old (73 in about a week). 😏 

Edited by Twang Gang

19 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

It doesn't matter what you start a thread about it always ends up the same. Correcting people's spelling and politics. I don't know why there a no politics rule when political conversations are positively encouraged and no other conversations are even possible now. Also, people weirdly suggesting I might have made it up.  Came back to shower and change, got on the WiFi and just decided I couldn't be bothered any more. 

I've ended up deleting most threads I've started for a while now because it's always the same and it's boring. That's why so many old members don't bother any more. 

Farns -  don't ever give up. Ever.  If you do -  'they'  win.   

I know I'm boringly repetitive  on this issue - like water on a stone -but....  it might be helpful to leave the threads up and freeze them, pointing out the offensive comment(s)  so we can learn by our mistakes.   Otherwise,  it's like ""one form of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results'.    Most of us have No Idea why the thread was deleted, and probably half of us wouldn't had known it was if Mr.Gibson hadn't started a new thread asking  where it went...   

14 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

Just watching poison from the band suite...

POISON??  Are THEY still around?  I remember when cable TV was new and my kids got addicted to Mtv  and me and their Mother decided to treat them and got tickets to go see their favorite band(at the time) LOVERBOY at the Pine Knob amphitheater.   That was 1985!  Poison opened for them.

Whitefang

12 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Good one!  ….Can we still play guitar if we have herpes?  Ask’ in for a friend.

Oh, yeah, of course.  A "friend".  [wink]

I'm no doctor but I see no reason herpes will keep you..um....him... from playing the guitar.  🥴

Whitefang

How were Crue? I never liked them, but all I keep hearing and reading about Vince is he can't bring it anymore (if he ever could), and he just struggles. I saw an article on the net last night about the SF show (probably the show right after the one you saw) and it said he was really awful. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I was really never "into" those '80's "spandex ballet" big hair "metal" bands.  But do admit there were a few tunes I liked from some of them.  I still like Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" but nothing beyond that.   And Leppard's "Photograph" is still OK .  But then I like RINGO'S tune of the same name also.

Whitefang

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I was really never "into" those '80's "spandex ballet" big hair "metal" bands.  But do admit there were a few tunes I liked from some of them.  I still like Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" but nothing beyond that.   And Leppard's "Photograph" is still OK .  But then I like RINGO'S tune of the same name also.

Whitefang

I can take some of High N' Dry from D L, and some of the one with the album cover of the big guitar on the semi-truck. When Pyro came out and it was not possible to escape hearing it I had enough. And Pour Some Sugar On Me, is just too silly and saccharine. NWOBHM my arse. NWOBGPHM more like it. New Wave Of Glam Pop Hair Metal is more like it.

I will be seeing Ringo do Photograph next week. They better play Frankenstein.  And I know I will have to hear Africa and Rosanna too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper