Gibson Brands Forums

It’s That Special Sig Model You Have Been Waiting For

Sgt. Pepper

33 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Who?  

The internet guy who is full of himself. I think he’s a producer in Atlanta. Come on you guys have all his albums.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Beato#:~:text=Richard John Beato (born April,on music at several universities.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/USAQQJ682/TV-Blue-Mist

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I’m think Gibson should give a cartoon character a sig model. Pepe LePew, The  Road Runner, Huckleberry Hound, Snidely and Whiplash and The Banana Splits all need one. Us kids who grew up in the 70’s will eat that s-hit up.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I like Rick Beato, and IF I had that kind of money, I would buy one of those signature guitars. 

Sadly, I don't have that much jingo in my pocket, so I will have to make do with the guitars that I currently own. 

😞

2k is not much for a sig model from Gibson. It’s like they are giving them away at that price.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’m think Gibson should give a cartoon character a sig model. Pepe LePew, The  Road Runner, Huckleberry Hound, Snidely and Whiplash and The Banana Splits all need one. Us kids who grew up in the 70’s will eat that s-hit up.

The Sylvester model might interest me, or maybe Slowpoke Rodrigues even.

The Roadrunner model is the logical choice. 

Because I read Slash got his nickname because he was always zipping by, coming and going at the same time. 

Then he played "Always on the run" with Lenny Krawitz. 

Lenny Krawitz got an Epi signature model. 

Then Slash got his sig models. 

Hence, next step: beep beep. 

See how the universe is all interconnected? 

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you're one of those kids you don't do much to make an argument that proves those 70's kids EVER grew up.  [wink]

But seriously, the only ones in that list up there who deserve a signature guitar are  FLEEGLE and/or DROOPER, of the Banana Splits, the two that played some kind of guitar at least.  And HUCKLEBERRY HOUND did a few times play what looked like a three stringed guitar(with only two tuning keys on it's headstock) and a banjo looking type thing.  I'm not sure if any of the others played any instruments.  And BTW---

It's Snidely Whiplash.  Not  Snidely AND Whiplash.  [wink]

Whitefang

I blocked his videos from going into my YouTube feed. He’s occasionally put up rant videos and all that… and I don’t understand why people want to make clickbait crap these days in their internet shared videos… a ton of YT content creators pride themselves on clickbait titles and such. I guess it’s quantity of videos over quality… Literally, titles and descriptions that aren’t true compared to the actual content… f’n stupid. But I digress, not sure why he has a signature model… maybe JC likes the way Rick looks in jeans… just guessing…

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I blocked his videos from going into my YouTube feed. He’s occasionally put up rant videos and all that… and I don’t understand why people want to make clickbait crap these days in their internet shared videos… a ton of YT content creators pride themselves on clickbait titles and such. I guess it’s quantity of videos over quality… Literally, titles and descriptions that aren’t true compared to the actual content… f’n stupid. But I digress, not sure why he has a signature model… maybe JC likes the way Rick looks in jeans… just guessing…

Seems to me that almost everything is click bait these days.  Even what is supposed to be actually NEWS headlines.   We live in precarious times.

7 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Seems to me that almost everything is click bait these days.  Even what is supposed to be actually NEWS headlines.   We live in precarious times.

Yes I agree. A lot of people out there that think they know what they’re taking about posting their stuff on public web. I just try to let whatever common sense I have to prevail in the midst of all the chaos. 

Rick knows music stuff no doubt, but YT has made him flourish in whatever it is he does. He has a ton of subscribers and I guess that puts the pressure on him to make videos all the time. To me, it’s like how many interesting things can you say in a video every day for the rest of your life… 

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I've seen quite a few Beato TY vids. He is an impressive player and very knowledgeable. Not so impressed by many of his opinions though. 

At least I've heard of him, which is more than I can say about most 'artist' models. 

I know who he is too, but other than his YT stuff. I can't sayI know one thing he has done. I know he produces and is in the Biz. 

23 hours ago, Whitefang said:

If you're one of those kids you don't do much to make an argument that proves those 70's kids EVER grew up.  [wink]

But seriously, the only ones in that list up there who deserve a signature guitar are  FLEEGLE and/or DROOPER, of the Banana Splits, the two that played some kind of guitar at least.  And HUCKLEBERRY HOUND did a few times play what looked like a three stringed guitar(with only two tuning keys on it's headstock) and a banjo looking type thing.  I'm not sure if any of the others played any instruments.  And BTW---

Whitefang

Cut a brother some slack. It's been years, decades, since I have seen the Splits and I think Snidley was on Wacky Racers. Lots of weed too. How about Captain Caveman or Hong Kong Phooey? He had the judo chop chop chop.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

I could see a Road Runner sig based off a reverse Firebird or an Explorer.

Embarrassingly I can see a Sponge Bob ](*,) based off Bo Diddley's guitar.  Doubt he'd go for it tho.

Allways had a soft spot for Wooodstock. Snoopy's side kick. 

------------

"If you're one of those kids you don't do much to make an argument that proves those 70's kids EVER grew up"

Guilty.

Edited by CROWB8

17 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Yes I agree. A lot of people out there that think they know what they’re taking about posting their stuff on public web. I just try to let whatever common sense I have to prevail in the midst of all the chaos. 

Like when there's a headline that leads you to click on a news article, and the content of the article has no mention whatsoever of the content in the headline!

Or, when you see a link that says "An asteroid the size of the empire state building is heading towards earth"  When you read the article you find out it's going to take that asteroid about 3,000 years to get in to our solar system and may miss earth by a hundred million miles! 

😂

17 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Rick knows music stuff no doubt, but YT has made him flourish in whatever it is he does. He has a ton of subscribers and I guess that puts the pressure on him to make videos all the time. To me, it’s like how many interesting things can you say in a video every day for the rest of your life… 

With that kind of pressure to produce something every day, eventually ya run out of usable content and have to start making $hit up to stay relevant.   When people realize he's just shootin from the hip,  well it's all over. 

Less really is more.

• Like 1

I'll pass on this one. When they release a sig model from someone who is a "Tick Toker", that will be the one for me.

Gibson blew their chance to have the Orange Messiah Signature Tweet Lier Model. It would be a new design shape called The Boob. It of course would come with a cell phone to make all those 1000's of Tweets that are 100% BS. And on the fret board, instead of his name it would say "Fake News".

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cut a brother some slack. It's been years, decades, since I have seen the Splits and I think Snidley was on Wacky Racers. Lots of weed too. How about Captain Caveman or Hong Kong Phooey? He had the judo chop chop chop.

Snidely was the nemesis of this guy...   [wink]  

Voiced by one of my favorite character actors, Hans Conried.   And seen in the cartoon shows of Rocky The Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose.

Whitefang