Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic or Electric?

Thundergod

I chose Piano. Guitar is my first instrument, but i like being able to play rhythm and lead at the same time and maybe do a little singing. It is hard to put it all together, but once you can it is like playing two guitars at once!

Both - and not a hollow body electric either - solid body electrics and flat top acoustics. I won't choose. You can't make me. As much as I love a cranked tube amp, I also love sitting around with friends playing some old tunes on the acoustic and singing with no mics. Good times...

250 odd years of music to play. The whole Guitar is like a mini orchestra' date=' you don't need an amp, you don't need other musicans...No contest. Classical Guitar for me!:-

Matt[/quote']

I believe that great classical players are the greatest guitar players in the world, bar none. Guys live Segovia, Williams, and Bream still amaze me like no other players can.

I do love my Gibson electrics, but since I've had my acoustic since I was 12 and there she sits about 6 inches from me at this very moment, I'm going with acoustic (POS Applause w/fiber glass neck, plastic back, and aluminum fret board).

Archived