Gibson Brands Forums

Deleted Original Posting, to avoid any more ruckus

6 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Oh, I love Telecasters as well.
I have owned many.

I just can't seem to bond with any one of them long-term.

I have some good buddies on the Telecaster forum, and I'll miss having laughs with them.
I think it's just that I rub one of the Moderators the wrong way.
Always have, from jump street.

😉

lol, well it's their loss ...

yea, I've had probably 6 or 7 Teles. I'm down to one, which I'm definately keeping. I've sold off quite a few guitars in the last year & half. down to 4. a Tele, a 335 & two LP's

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1

I’m offended too. I won’t say if I’m offended by the  alleged “dumb AOC” comment or the refusal to commit one way or the other.  In the grand scheme of things, I am content believing she is neither the sharpest nor the dullest tool in the shed. 

Nice rack!

carousel-rotating-six-guitar-stand.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, ksdaddy said:

I’m offended too. I won’t say if I’m offended by the  alleged “dumb AOC” comment or the refusal to commit one way or the other.  In the grand scheme of things, I am content believing she is neither the sharpest nor the dullest tool in the shed. 

Nice rack!

carousel-rotating-six-guitar-stand.jpg

That would be something I would place in the middle of the living room.  😀

• sparquelito changed the title to Deleted Original Posting, to avoid any more ruckus
8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We are assigned a sex the moment conception happens, but I think now its 6th grade is when they have "Chose your gender day". Don't go home and tell your parents this will be just our little secret.

Litter Boxes will be provided for those who chose they were cats.

I need a big box. I identify as an elephant.

A limerick in honor of this occasion.

There once was a thread with benign intentions
and it spawned certain societal tensions
Out of nowhere came political fuquery
and malicious skullduggery
Let's just delete all the contentious contraventions

🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Are black squirrels common in your area? 

Mostly not seen in my area but I mentioned it here once and apparently it's super common in other areas. 

We have a number of feeders that attract both birds and squirrels.  We have all of them.  The main crew is reds and grays, every so often, fox squirrels. We even have caught flying squirrels on our trail cams at night.  In addition to the regulars, every few years we have morphs of albino and black. Last year we even had mini piebald reds.  Kinda cute little red ones with various white patches, and one leucistic, nearly all white with black eyes, so not a true albino. Then we get morphs of morphs: below is a gray squirrel in a black morph with a red tail: 

xd3HxHW.jpg

Here is a red: 

r9K1l9z.jpg

A pair of baby fox squirrels:

vZQICsZ.jpg

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Sparky is largely responsible for me ever trying out a tele. I did. I loved the sound (I like Fender tones), but other than playing chords, they are wasted on me. The E strings are right on the edge of the fingerboard. I gave up on Fenders entirely after trying to make that TC90 playable (I failed).

I still have the CoolZ though. It's very like a tele, except I can play it. 

S10QDKP.jpg

YcnV8ad.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Mr. Sparky is largely responsible for me ever trying out a tele. I did. I loved the sound (I like Fender tones), but other than playing chords, they are wasted on me. The E strings are right on the edge of the fingerboard. I gave up on Fenders entirely after trying to make that TC90 playable (I failed).

I still have the CoolZ though. It's very like a tele, except I can play it. 

S10QDKP.jpg

YcnV8ad.jpg

Oh man, what a great looking neck and headstock!

Never heard of CoolZ before, but from looking at them on Reverb, they are very nice and desirable guitars.

Fujigen always made great stuff.
😀

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Oh man, what a great looking neck and headstock!

Never heard of CoolZ before, but from looking at them on Reverb, they are very nice and desirable guitars.

Fujigen always made great stuff.
😀

I'm surprised there are so many CoolZ's out there because (unless somethings changed) they have no international distribution, being Japanese domestic market only. 

'History' is the other domestic market brand Fujigen build for. 

15 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Someone's been spending too much time reading conspiracy theories over at Fox "news".  

I don't watch much TV, and if it did it wouldn't be that propaganda machine or its polar opposite. I guess you don't get my sarcastic humor.

13 hours ago, Dave F said:

I need a big box. I identify as an elephant.

Just like in Jaws in stead of we're gonna need a bigger boat, its we're gonna need a bigger litter box.

On 3/3/2024 at 6:55 PM, sparquelito said:

Sorry.
Things took a turn they shouldn't have.

My apologies for the whole thing.

😔

Sparky you know most of us are just no damn good here, myself incuded.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Murph said:

I'm feeding and saving squirrels for when they want us to eat bugs.

I don't eat squirrels now but might in the future.

Yeah, I hear you brother.

I have spent years feeding the birds, raccoons, and squirrels on my land.

I thought to myself, a few times over the past coupla years, "Eat up, little friends. The day may come where I have to eat you"!

😔

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Time for some cute baby weasels.

babyweasels.jpg

Would you like to see a pic of my Tele?

One spring  our car had developed the tell-tale odor a mouse had gotten into the engine air vents, as they are want to do out here in the country.  One day, getting in I heard actual scrabbling and squeaking coming from the headliner and looked up to see  seeds stuffed in the dome light.  Okay, that was a step too far.  

I released the liner from it’s clips back at the hatch to see if I could see anything and damn, if a little least weasel didn’t poke her head right out to say, “what the eff?”  

Turns out we had been driving her babies, and likely her all over hell and gone for days.  It was going to be  really hot that afternoon, so we parked the car in the shade, and left the back open so the car would stay ventilated, and prayed she would wise up and move camp.  

Then we set up a trail cam and have some great video of her dashing in and out that night. We never saw her carrying the babies, but she may have done that from another exit, because everyone was gone the next morning.  

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1

Since this is going the way of cute baby animals, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Here is a pic of me holding my baby Caiman (circa 1974). Kind of cute in the pic, but once he doubled in size I couldn't get near him.

JZqmqWN.jpeg

Edited by gearbasher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1