Gibson Brands Forums

New Jimmy Page Eds-1275 Custom Shop. Thoughts?

Dexcb

Whats to say.. Even without looking I know it will be ridiculously expensive.. Well way more  than I would ever spend on a guitar anyway..

They are cool instruments but very niche.. 

45 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Whats to say.. Even without looking I know it will be ridiculously expensive.. Well way more  than I would ever spend on a guitar anyway..

They are cool instruments but very niche.. 

50 are being made and they are selling for $50,000 but im sure they will resell for more.

1 minute ago, Dexcb said:

50 are being made and they are selling for $50,000 but im sure they will resell for more.

Well I hate to be one of those.. But I do think the prices are absolutely crazy. Imagine what you could buy with that money like a really nice car... I donno..  Im sure they will stupidly all sell out too. Its just a mad world when a guitar cost $50k. I dont care whos signature is on it or if Tom Murphy worked on each one himself.. Still no where near worth 50k..  Madness I tell you. The profit margins on these must be crazy.

No thanks. I'm kind of surprised if they've sold 50 of them in total in their history. 

...then again, what could possibly go wrong? - well, jump ahead to 28 minutes in to see the answer....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

No thanks. I'm kind of surprised if they've sold 50 of them in total in their history. 

...then again, what could possibly go wrong? - well, jump ahead to 28 minutes in to see the answer....

This is probably what gave the idea to whoever first started making those "shreds" videos.  

In my day, when things mutated into tumors, we cut them out, we didn't sell them for 50k. Joking aside, I wouldn't want one unless it was free and I could flog it. Who wakes up on a Saturday and goes, what AM I gonna do today? I know - BREAK MY BACK! 

Not for me. 

13 hours ago, rct said:

One of most useless guitars ever invented.  

rct

Not if you’re in a Zep tribute band and you just gotta look the part.

I wonder if that Japanese guy who try’s to be Jimmy Page will get one? There is a doc on him I need to watch.

My thought is have fun showing it off to your friends cause it’s never getting gigged.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

There was a really smart forum member (moderator?) here who figured out a brilliant solution:  just make your own counterfeit guitars/problem solved!    But I think that treatment excluded guitar manufacturers that start with "G" and end in "ibson".   

Isn't that weird?  🙃

Well firstly its not really a problem at all... I just wouldnt pay that much just for a guitar.. I dont actually care if people want to buy them, we are just discussing it.

And actually thats why I started making guitars in the first place. I really wanted a Gibson with a P90 at the neck and humbucker at the bridge which Gibson have only made a few of and there was nothing else in the line that had that so thats exactly what I did.. Made my own  😄   But that in itself doesnt stop 50k for a guitar being bonkers if anything re-inforces the fact that its a crazy price cos I know exactly how much it cost to build a guitar.

Edited by Rabs
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

There was a really smart forum member (moderator?) here who figured out a brilliant solution:  just make your own counterfeit guitars/problem solved!   

But I think that treatment excluded guitar manufacturers that start with "G" and end in "ibson".   

Isn't that weird?  🙃

I remember a red LP being done, and J L’s LP Jr with the Charlie Christian pickup too. So guitars with G on the headstock have been done by this come and go moderator.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Well firstly its not really a problem at all... I just wouldnt pay that much just for a guitar.. I dont actually care if people want to buy them, we are just discussing it.

And actually thats why I started making guitars in the first place. I really wanted a Gibson with a P90 at the neck and humbucker at the bridge which Gibson have only made a few of and there was nothing else in the line that had that so thats exactly what I did.. Made my own  😄   But that in itself doesnt stop 50k for a guitar being bonkers if anything re-inforces the fact that its a crazy price cos I know exactly how much it cost to build a guitar.

I’ve bought all the parts, even the neck and body was American and I made the whole thing for under $600. It’s the black Tele with the Warmoth neck I’ve posted several times. So $49,400 for an extra neck and 12 more strings? You can keep it Cesar. How many scarfs is that guy going to buy with all the profit he makes?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Michael Hegdes did crazy stuff of acoustic guitars too. Remember him?

Thanx for this, Sgt. Pepper!
I never heard this guy, or of this guy before. Just checked "Woman of the World" by Michael Hedges from some concert. He can sing and play the acoustic, very artistic. Those left-hand fingerings are really something, as far as I can see. 😎

1 hour ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Thanx for this, Sgt. Pepper!
I never heard this guy, or of this guy before. Just checked "Woman of the World" by Michael Hedges from some concert. He can sing and play the acoustic, very artistic. Those left-hand fingerings are really something, as far as I can see. 😎

Sadly he passed away several years ago. His car went off the road in California. 

His first few albums were all instrumental. 

Aerial Boundaries is insane. I have it on vinyl. 

I don’t think Jimi Hendrix could pull off what Micheal was doing. Maybe but . . .

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

31 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sadly he passed away several years ago. His car went off the road in California. 

His first few albums were all instrumental. 

Aerial Boundaries is insane. I have it on vinyl. 

I don’t think Jimi Hendrix could pull off what Micheal was doing. Maybe but . . .

Haha, I watched GIMME SHELTER from a YouTube concert, he first broke a string, restrung & tuned the guitar and started playing... I still keep thinking, it was a Grand Funk Railroad song originally. You know, some of us can't sing like even if nobody is around. Gotta have great respect for real artists like Michael Hedges! (and Jimmy Page of course)

Running Aerial Boundaries  ... 🤠

Edited by OrdinaryNimda