Gibson Brands Forums

I Guess Julius Cesar Thinks This Is What You Want

• Sgt. Pepper changed the title to I Guess Julius Cesar Thinks This Is What You Want
Posted (edited)

I’m thinking now that maybe that guy who made a post, and wanted to find out who he needs to talk to, so he can show off  his designs ideas maybe wasn’t a crackpot. That Theodore is silly looking. This is the stuff they do when you know they have lost touch with reality.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 2

Yeah cos the custom shop ones were so popular... Sheesh...  Ugliest Gibson since the dreaded Firebird X. I dont really care if it was from an old drawing, Theres probably a good reason he  decided not to make them in the first place. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think Gibson should have 5 year olds draw some stuff and Gibson can attach a neck to it. R&D problem solved.

Didnt they do that already?  😄 

y7RR3ve.jpg

It was like when Homer designed a car

swQgQZC.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Didnt they do that already?  😄 

It was like when Homer designed a car

swQgQZC.jpg

We need Homer to design a guitar.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The Firebird X must have been Henry J’s grandsons refrigerator art. It was right next to the glued on elbow macaroni masterpiece his granddaughter did.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Remember the Swiss cheese Explorer? That knocked it out of the park.

Speaking of Swiss cheese Buck Dharma from Blue Öyster Cult actually has a body of a guitar that looks like cheese.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Remember the Swiss cheese Explorer? That knocked it out of the park.

Speaking of Swiss cheese Buck Dharma from Blue Öyster Cult actually has a body of a guitar that looks like cheese.

Didnt mind these so much.  Just a bit different, its not like they made many of them and had to have an excavator drive over the top of them and destroy them all...

VON4g7J.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rabs said:

Didnt mind these so much.  Just a bit different, its not like they made many of them and had to have an excavator drive over the top of them and destroy them all...

VON4g7J.jpg

Had no clue they did a V too. Bucks is made by Steinberger and he calls it a Cheeseberger.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I thought I saw this same article/announcement/writer a couple years ago. 

By Matt Owen

published 18 March 2022

Gibson debuts the Theodore, a brand-new body shape based on a 65-year-old archive design | Guitar World 

That would be the Custom one.. This new one is the USA Standard version. 

Edited by Rabs
  • Upvote 1

I'm not generally too concerned about a guitar's looks, but I don't find anything attractive about that one either [mellow], so it seems there's not much love so far on the ol' Gibson lounge - mind you that still leaves...well...young people, women, non-westerners, for example...all of whom number in the billions, so maybe there is a sizable market out there?

(of course, they may just build a handful to get a bit of news space without any real investment I spose - or maybe there's people who collect future rarities [laugh] )

16 hours ago, Rabs said:

Theres probably a good reason he  decided not to make them in the first place. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Absolutely correct, if it was any good they would have produced some.  That really is the ugliest guitar I've ever seen.

Gibson (and Fender) are stuck in the past due to their great history, every viable guitar shape has already been done, you can't reinvent the wheel, only tinker around with it.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The 16K is for a set of three. That's $5500 each. Read the next sentences sarcastically. That's a steal. Where do I sign-up.

They look like tulips to me. Maybe, they'll sell in Holland.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Murph said:

Looks like Brian May's guitar.

Not many options for guitar shapes, it actually looks comfortable, not much different from my 62 Melody maker.

w1jiDkk.jpg

Well with that logic, the Ted almost looks like an SG too huh?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

They look like tulips to me. Maybe, they'll sell in Holland.

Maybe it was Easter when he make that sketch on a napkin in the restaurant at diner.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

the Ted almost looks like an SG too huh?

The horns are much larger on the SG, whereas the Melody Maker and Brian May's guitar they are much smaller and out of the way.

There's a good argument for double cuts.