Gibson Brands Forums

If you could be mentored by any living guitarist who would you pick?

nikko18

My choice but I thought he passed a few years ago? I could be wrong' date=' then it would be Eric Clapton with Sears after that. It would be a cool lesson at Sears we would do it with Acoustics on London Bridge with our cases ope and maybe get a few bucks while playing?

[/quote']

LMAO

Well I know some good busking spots! Sadly the amazing Chet is no longer with us though Jocko ): I am off to teach in 2 minutes, first lesson...Come As You Are arranged for acoustic guitar :-k

Cheers for your support Jocko. It is quite nice to be placed next to Mr Clapton! I may end up with a big head LOL!!!

Matt

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am cheating and picking a horn player. A dead one at that. Miles Davis. I've always admired his ability to play a few notes and express emotions some people can't fit in an entire song. I'm about as likely to get my dream lesson as anyone else here.

My friend's cousin is the lead singer for AX7' date=' he said that Synyster is a total ******bag

Apparently Zach taught him a lot of stuff and worked with him and Synyster had a stuck up attitude, not trying to take away from his playing, but from someone who knows someone who took "lesssons" from him, I would say no

Just saying, interesting tidbit o' info[/quote']

That comes as a suprise, I always get the impression from interviews and live performances that Syn's a nice guy. Going off what you said, I'll change my mentor to Zacky Vengeance. I better end up as good as Syn!

By the way, you should introduce me to your friend. :-({|=

Archived