Gibson Brands Forums

Another celebrity dies way too young!

saturn

Movie star Brittany Murphy is dead of a heart attack at 32.

She went into full cardiac arrest early Sunday and could not be revived, the Website TMZ reported.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department got a call from the home of Murphy's husband Simon Monjack about 8 a.m., fire officials told TMZ.

She was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead on arrival

Murphy starred in "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

The starlet became a household name among teens in 1995 as the sidekick in "Clueless," who went from awkward wall flower to snotty hottie.

A few years ago, she released the single "Faster Kill *****cat," which became a dance club hit.

Her last big movie was "Sin City" in 2005.

I did not think I'd see a thread about her here.

I loved LOVED her.

She was an excellent singer and she also did the voice of Lu Ann in King of the Hill.

Totally unpretentious work, never part of the young naughty celebrity "look at me" crowd.

Here she is singing, in case you never heard her.

She did backup vocals for various artists, but here she takes center stage:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8sg77XSfqQ[/YOUTUBE]

I know this music is not every one's cup, but I thought you might at least get a peek at what pipes the kid had.

I'm sad today.

Brittany Murphy.... was a little known film called Spun. It's a totally drugged out movie with all kinds of cameos including Billy Corgan and Rob Halford.

Love that movie! One of our favorites. Bummer to hear about this; she was good.

It's very sad when anyone dies at a young age let alone an attractive talented girl like that... R.I.P.

Do you know what? I don't think it matters if she was considered ugly, intellectually challenged and untalented; a life lost is a life lost to me.

Edit-Dave; I didn't mean that to sound so holier than thou and horrid; RIP Britney I loved 8 Mile. I suppose I am trying to say that looks are an accident.

Cheers and Godbless ya

Mattxx

Do you know what? I don't think it matters if she was considered ugly' date=' intellectually challenged and untalented; a life lost is a life lost to me.

Mattxx

[/quote']

Matt, on the one hand I sort of agree with this. Especially when it's an individual who hadn't the opportunity to live a full life, for whatever reason. It's too bad; sad perhaps.

OTOH, and I don't mean this callously, nobody's getting out of here alive. It's sad for those left behind because they (we) haven't learned how to let go. But there are no guarantees when we come in this world other than the fact that our time here is very limited.

Why the drug reference? Was there a problem?

I am sure her family's Christmas's will never be the same' date=' and that the real tragedy.[/quote']

I didn't see any indication of drugs from the article I read. The only reason I can see is because she's famous, so everyone assumes there's some sort of substance abuse.

Young people can have heart attacks all on their own.

I didn't see any indication of drugs from the article I read. The only reason I can see is because she's famous' date=' so everyone assumes there's some sort of substance abuse.

Young people can have heart attacks all on their own.[/quote']

they can, but it is not very common. and those people usually have some sort of genetic/congenital disorder or defect. when a 32 year old woman who is not 400lbs has a heart attack, it's a pretty good guess that drugs had something to do with it.

not that it makes this any less sad. :)

they can' date=' but it is not very common. and those people usually have some sort of genetic/congenital disorder or defect. when a 32 year old woman who is not 400lbs has a heart attack, it's a pretty good guess that drugs had something to do with it.

not that it makes this any less sad. [crying

Nurse Izzy says:

I fkd my heart up with RED BULLS, no lie I get palpitations when I drink them now. Shouldn't have done so many. When I run (not the pu$$y jogging thing, I mean RUN) I feel like my chest is gonna explode. I'm 30.

People who run marathons also have heart attacks. One never knows. Drug abuse, even past abuse, is one of many possibilities.

Archived