Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Class 5 Soundclips

Lowdown

I threw this together today for swleary.

But for anyone else who might be interested,have a listen.

I've broken it down so you can hear each part separately - solo with different pups/bed track and also everything together in a very loose song context.

At the moment it's just the LP,but I will do one with the Strat/Tele etc. and also clean. These are dirty with everything redlined as the amp was intended to be used.

NO FX. What you hear is the amp itself.

I think I got fairly close to the sound coming out at me from the amp itself,but after being squashed and turned into 0's and 1's...well things tend to get "lost".

Here it is anyway - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=959102&content=music

I listened to every clip; the tones were lovely and this thing is definitely on my wish list. Aside from the amp' date=' you are one hell of a player Shaun; hats off to you.

Matt[/quote']

+1,000 to every single word!

You're a fantastic player and a hell of a song-writer brother! And the song for your little song really made my heart melt, man... So beautiful and straight from the heart...

Hey, even my wife was digging every single track![confused]

You know not many people would just throw something that quick together for somebody to hear.It's actually quite touching when people do things for one another. I owe ya Shaun.Thank you very much. Now on to my review.

My review is short. Freaking awesome. Really enjoyed the neck pickup mix. I wish everyone in my house was awake because I would have cranked it up to 11 lol. Sounded to me like it was very creamy in the neck PU . Bridge PU was great too and I'm glad it wasn't trebling like I was expecting. Overall I was extremely impressed by all of the demos.

I think I'm going to really look in to the Class 5 now. I played one for an hour last Tuesday and I did like it. I think the next time I go to try it, I'll take my guitar because it was unjust that I was using an R8 rather than my traditional.

Thank you so much for doing that for me Lowdown,

You made my day,

Scott

Not a problem at all mate. You owe me nothing. Your thankyou was more than enough.

And thanx for the kind words fellas. I appreciate it very muchly.

And I'm always up for collaborations/jams or whatever you may have in mind...

Cheers & Beers.

Archived