Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite thing to do music wise.

DAS44

I can't speak for the others, but I didn't say/mean people can be too young to understand the blues. What I said was that some people haven't lived enough to understand them. You can "learn the blues" at a very young age if that's the life you've lived. You can be 95 years old and STILL not ever lived long enough to understand the blues, (i.e. Malcom Forbs, or Howard Hughes), or you can be 27 and very much lived long enough, (i.e. Janice Joplin or Jimi Hendrix).

Now I have to get scarce here as I'm putting together the payraises for all my people for 2010....GOT to get it done at to payroll by the end of the week!!

Crank it up and rock out. I know that sounds dopey' date=' but it's my favorite thing to do music wise.[/quote']

I hear ya Rich. I keep reading how you only need a small tube amp. Bull 3 50 watt Marshalls

a 130 Fender(solid state) and a 15 watt Orange.. The big guns get played a lot more.

Oh ya Bill a friendly warning before your hammock post please? I'm trying so save

what little eye sight I have left. LOL

CW

I hear ya Rich. I keep reading how you only need a small tube amp. Bull 3 50 watt Marshalls

a 130 Fender(solid state) and a 15 watt Orange.. The big guns get played a lot more.

I reached a middle ground - one 100w through a 2x12. Yar! PirateEmoticon.gif

I'll agree with the "figuring songs by ear..."

What I like to do is take full or keyboard arrangements and figure them out for guitar.

That ends up with kinda a pre-television piano "jump" or "stride" sometimes but... heck, it's fun.

m

Archived