Gibson Brands Forums

New additions to the Family

daveinspain

Hi All... Just got some pics of my blueshawks. These are great guitars and both are near mint! I was lucky to get these as they are both in excellent condition and I bought them from different sellers on Ebay. These are very well balanced, light weight guitars. The black one is a 1998 and the red is a 1997. Here I present the evil twins...

OnCase.jpg

Incase-1.jpg

RedBlueshawk1.jpg

BlackBlueshawk2.jpg

Backofred.jpg

This guitar still has the plastic on the electronics covers

BackofBlack.jpg

Redoncase.jpg

Blackoncase.jpg

RedHeadstock.jpg

BlackHeadstock.jpg

I have been having a ball playing these guitars, they play great!! They both can use some tweaking but just minor set up stuff. The gamut of sounds you can get using the 6 position rotary switch together with the pick up selector seems endless...

Congratulations Dave! Wonderful guitars as always, your collection is awesome. I'll go ahead and ask for a pic of all of them when you get the chance [lol]

I've been GASsing for a nighthawk or a blueshawk for a while... you are lucky to have bought 2 in mint condition. Congratulations.

wow' date=' something lightweight and cool looking, very tempting..............[/quote']

I'm telling you guys. These Blueshawk guitars are the deal of the century... They were well under $1000. You can get them from between $600 and $1000. It's a Gibson, plays great, light very, can be used for Jazz blues or rock... They come with the Blues 90 pick up which is a P90 but has a dummy coil in it that cancels out the hum just like a humbucker but sounds like a P90. Not to mention the 6 way rotary switch... Good investment and great guitar to own and play. Going up in value fast.. Just sayin'...

Nice acquisitions. Congrats.

Must be nice[crying] [crying] to be able to say "I can't make up my mind on the color:-k :-k . Should I get red or Black:-k :-k ? Screw it I'll get both!!!".[biggrin] [biggrin] .

Didn't quite happen that way but that's sort of how it turned out... I had been looking for a red one but kept loosing the auctions. Then the black one came up and it was really nice and with the original hard shell case so I bid on it and won. A couple weeks later the red one came up so I bid on that and won it too. I am lucky I have the extra cash to do that now but I also know it was money well spent and I will never loose a dime of it, in fact I could make money if I wanted to sell in a few years....

Archived