Gibson Brands Forums

Non-acoustic announcment!

larryp58

Regardless of all political ideologies. All our service men and women are trying to make that country strong enough to stand on its own.

They have a mixed message mission and are asked to perform a humanitarian mission one day then a search and destroy sortie the next. Never have military personnel been tasked with the job that these "kids" have been given and yet now that the Shock and Awe is over.....their hard work and sweat and blood rarely make the headlines !

You should be damned proud of the man who has returned. Those who have given of themselves in service and those who have given their all in service....can never be thanked enough !

Awesome man.

Most people over here don't understand how it is to be there (me included).

Anyone here seen The Hurt Locker? It gave me real perspective on the war. I had to watch it twice (a habit from playing by ear you ask? yep). Damned good movie and I suggest any of you who havent seen it see it. The pace is real slow but I enjoyed the pace itself. You really feel like you're there.

Sorry about the movie rant.

You raised him well man, that much is obvious. He has more cojones than most for even thinking about going. Anyone who goes over there has my respect immediatley. Stories like this make me want to join even more. It pays for college and it must be a learning experience to say the least. Course I'm not old enough (yet).

Congrats Larry,& thank him for me too.

My son came home about 2 months ago, well, not home, he's stationed in Hawaii, for now!! But he just finished a year in Iraq, & is very happy to be out of there.

Give him a hearty congratulations from me! I was a Combat Engineer (many moons ago) and am in awe of the service these Men and Women are providing in a situation where your aggressor is not identifiable by uniform, only by covert action.

Keeping politics aside, I hope he can let his buddies who are still there know how proud we are of their service, and to all the members of this forum who have relatives in the military, Godspeed and let's get them home as soon as possible.

That's a good-lookin' soldier right there! (can I say that without sounding like a perv lol)

I'm so happy he's home safe. I'm sure there's nothing in the world that could top that news!

I'm sorry for the loss of the other soldiers. I go back and forth between pain, sadness and anger when I hear of our young ones losing their lives over there. My heart goes out to the families who don't have happy endings tonight.

Archived